Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Old Rotary blades? >

Old Rotary blades?

Old Rotary blades?

Old 05-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

I have used them a few times in the past- have always been happy with the replacement blades- it is quite a savings. blades tend to be so expensive.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:54 PM

Right, I will try it, too. I sharpened a fairly new blade myself and it got worse. Not impressed with the inexpensive tools, and the expensive one just isn't worth it.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:02 PM

Thanks for this information. QB had a thread about this a looooonnnnnnng time ago, but I'd misplaced the information. So I'll try this company.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:27 PM

LP Sharp is a great place with great customer service and prices.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:27 AM

thanks for the info and wouldn't you know it I just got rid of old blades a few days ago then come to find out I didn't have any blades to save my soul.... so I went to joanns real quick forgot my coupons(ugh) and they were totally out of blades then went to acmoore and ended up paying $7.99 for one blade so I went to sharp website and I see on the web site that you can order a pk of 10 olfa 45mm for 38.00 that's $3.80 a blade and free shipping so I am ordering some your post was good timing for me thanks
Old 05-12-2014, 03:49 AM
Z

Default Rotary blades

When I have used LP Sharp their service and prompt return have been excellent.

It is a good idea to watch for blades on ebay. Sometimes you can find them for around $2 including shipping.
Titanium blades are also available at good prices. You can't be in a hurry.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:52 AM

I will be sending them some blades. I always put them back in an empty container marked 'used' -I have several of these because I don't like throwing sharp things in the trash.I am afraid some one could get cut.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
For years when I had a rotary blade that was dull I would just throw it away. I had researched on line about resharpening them but it never seemed to work for me. About a month ago I read about a company that would recycle used rotary blades and either send you new ones for your replacemet or you can buy new ones with no exchange... so I thought why not try it....I am MORE than impressed with the company! I sent them 9 blades and $18 and they returned me 9 blades, postage paid and they are wonderful! You can either get Olfa or generic .Has anyone else ever used lpsharp.com out of Gilman MN? I will definitely use them again..
I have used him for years...I usually replace with his generic brand and have had no problem...hope he never retires LOL
Old 05-12-2014, 05:47 AM

Im glad so many others have used Sharps and found them good business people! The blades I just got and have used all weekend, cutting out a quilt with a LOT of 2 1/2" strips and Im still using the same blade and its as sharp as when I first started using it...I have tried the Titanium blades but I found they didnt last as long as the generic kind I have bought. Im thinking I need to find a place that sells discount cutting boards because i need a new one and they are pretty expensive for the larger size... Still better than the price of a psychologist! LOL

Next question...where do you get your quilt backing and what do you use...the wide or 45" mostly??
Old 05-12-2014, 06:08 AM

Recycling old rotary blades is a great idea. I didn't like the idea of throwing them in the trash, so I took them to the local fire station for them to safely dispose of them. I have 10 old blades on hand now and will send them to L. P. Sharp.