Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OMG!  Somebody call me the Waaahhhhmbulance!!!!!! >

OMG! Somebody call me the Waaahhhhmbulance!!!!!!

OMG! Somebody call me the Waaahhhhmbulance!!!!!!

Old 08-28-2011, 10:33 PM

Must be an epidemic!!! My Baby Loc is going to the Dr today for the very same reason..
Old 08-28-2011, 10:42 PM

I wonder if you have a thread lock

It happens sometimes where the wheel will not turn even a little bit. like totally frozen

May not be anything to do with the thread, just some of it caught in ythe mechanism
Old 08-29-2011, 03:17 AM

mine did that once and it just needed cleaned and oiled it wasnt a babylock but i had been sewing like crazy on it to finsh stuff up.
carla
Old 08-29-2011, 03:56 AM

Better get it back to the dealer and get it fixed. If it is that delicate sounds like you are in for a troubled future. EIther trade machines or find out how he fixes it for future reference. It is bound to happen again. Happy Stitching. N
Old 08-29-2011, 04:18 AM

Good Luck! Sounds like something that happened to me with my 2 month old Pfaff embroidery/sewing machine. They have finally called me with good/bad news. The PC board burned out and that was under warranty. However, there was thread wrapped around the bobbin hook that was all bent - my fault and cost is $130 to fix. I fought the battle and did end up winning - however, still don't have my machine back. Was lucky that the dealer did give me a floor model to use as I was in the middle of a project for a friend! I still don't know how a person would know stuff is getting caught lower in the machine that a person can't see! I may be new to embroidery and quilting, but have sewed before and have had nothing like this happen. Will be interested to see what they tell yous!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:26 AM

Good luck with your baby.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:02 AM

My Janome did this to me a few months ago. I sent it in to her doc and he found thread wrapped and trapped around the armature hinge. Cost me $35 but she got a thorough cleaning and adjusting at the same time so we're happy. Just do NOT keep trying to run her! A woman in my quilt group did that and gummed it all up in there due to the poly content in the thread she used that the doc almost had to replace the armature!
The doc said to never ever pull the thread backward out of the machine when you change thread color; cut it at the top and pull it down and out. And also to never spin the wheel backward, even for one stitch.
Another cause for jam-ups is the bobbin case could be full of lint. I took a class from Jill Schumacher who drummed it into us to thoroughly clean the bobbin area after every bobbin change.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:04 AM

Oh yes, definitely take it back to the dealer. If it's not under warranty, I'd want to know why not!!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:09 AM

You might have gotten a loose thread in your motor- that will cause a jam and the motor will freeze. Then your wheel won't turn. Pull the cover off and see if you can find that thread, if not, then take it in to the dealer.
Blessings,
MaryAnna
PS. this is why I keep an older machine around as a backup.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

As long as you're there, ask your dealer how to use the larger spools. You may have gotten something wrapped around the tension disks...