Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Once You Catch Your Breath After Christmas ... What's Your Next Project? >

Once You Catch Your Breath After Christmas ... What's Your Next Project?

Once You Catch Your Breath After Christmas ... What's Your Next Project?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:39 PM

I won't be starting anything new until April which is after my trip to see my DD in Australia and leading up to that will be finishing off my sisters 60th birthday pressie a king size applique which I am hand quilting at the moment - BUT fabric all lined up to start a Bella Bella quilt
Old 12-22-2011, 11:45 PM

The struggle against the UFOs will continue - did a one-a-month challenge this year, finished 4, started two new projects! The first thing I MUST do is finish the quilt top I'm making for my Mum which has become a misery to do - desperate to finish it. At a block a day, including Christmas Day, that'll be 2nd Jan (not that I'm counting or anything..!). There's a baby quilt to make for a friend who's expecting in April - am waiting to see if she will/can tell me what sex the baby is before I plan that - I already have fabric and a plan for one for a boy. AND I'm wondering whether to do a BOM which teaches different applique techniques, as up till now I've avoided it after a traumatic encounter in my early days of quilting! But not sure if that would take so much time that the UFOs would be neglected again. It's a good job I retired last year - I certainly wouldn't have time to go to work!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:46 PM

I want to make more quilts for kids and finish quilting a quilt for my DD. I have to piece two thimbleberries quilts and finish them. I'm 68 and feel like I should hurry!!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 03:15 AM

A scrappy Courthouse Steps. Not just one, several, until the scraps are gone. Will think about Dear Jane. Maybe this is the year. Short list of UFOs.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:38 AM

I am going to start working on UFOs, both started ones and the kits I bought but never got around to doing. I thought I would get so much done when I retired, but time just sort of disappears.

mltquilt
Old 12-23-2011, 03:56 AM

Thank G-d I had nobody to make quilts for Christmas.. The kids got quilts when they left for college.. I am making matching crumb quilts for my staff, and me.. I'm talking of 225 6.5" squares.. The squares are done.. I have to have a party, and have them choose which squares they want, and then start putting them together..
Merry Christmas Krystyna...
Barri
Old 12-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Swap Hosts

Hey, Barri. Hope to hook up with you at a sale in the near future!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:14 AM

Retired..No Job...No Classes to teach...Live alone..soooooo.....Sew whenever I want, for as long as I want. I plan on being in my sewing room everyday!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:24 AM

I have a baby panel, which turned out to be waaaay more work than I estimated--there are 150 tiny stars that I am hand stitching with my arthritic paws) that is half quilted, then a simple 9 patch baby quilt. Both are for orders. I have to decide on final colour placement and cut the blocks for a triple Irish chain (April quilt retreat project), a denim quilt for a grad present (thinking rag with red plaid backing) several UFO's that keep giving me dirty looks, three kits--all of them difficult but oh so pretty.....and the list goes on!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
Retired..No Job...No Classes to teach...Live alone..soooooo.....Sew whenever I want, for as long as I want. I plan on being in my sewing room everyday!
Me too! I retired last February, and this year haven't done as much sewing as I'd have liked - next year I'm not going to let other things get in the way so much.