Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Once You Catch Your Breath After Christmas ... What's Your Next Project? >

Once You Catch Your Breath After Christmas ... What's Your Next Project?

Once You Catch Your Breath After Christmas ... What's Your Next Project?

Old 12-23-2011, 05:32 AM

Krystyna,

The patterns you've picked out are gorgeous! I've decided to FINALLY get my "Quilt Shack" in order. I want to have a neat,clean, and tidy workshop for the new year. AND then, I just want to make quilts.....they don't have to be fancy, or show-stoppers, I just want to create.....and enjoy the process.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:45 AM

I have a t-shirt quilt to finish as a graduation gift for a girl who graduated last May. Then I'll be making a Civil War reproduction quilt for a couple who are getting married at the end of January. That wedding gift will definitely be late. After that I'll have a king-size "really heavy" quilt to make for a family friend. He's asked me to make him a heavy quilt because that's what his grandmother used to make. Finally, I've got 30+ UFOs calling my name to be finished. Some are pieced tops that need to be quilted, and some are just blocks that need to be set together into a finished top.

Then there are always the several hundred ideas for new quilts in my head! There just aren't enough hours in the day!
And I'm going to try again this year to strictly limit my fabric-buying. That was my New Year's resolution last year, but I caved after only a few weeks.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:54 AM

My first project to follow with fellow quilters will be the AOTH blocks. I have my project box ready to go and waiting on the wonderful Kona Black Fabric NP3 is sending to me...She is such a dear heart BFF.
Since I know several doing it, it should be fun. I've wanted to do this for a while. Thanks to all who are helping.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:32 AM

Looks like everyone is gonna be busy. I want to tidy up my sewing room first. My husbands niece is expecting her 3rd child in May, so I'll have to get started on a quilt some time. I am going to the Lancaster Quilt Show in March, so I'll probably buy too much stuff there. I really want to get some of my UFO's done. I am going to try to stick with my plan of finishing a UFO and then do something new, then finish a UFO and then do something new, etc. Hopefully that help me get some of the old stuff done while still getting me excited about doing new things!
Old 12-23-2011, 07:47 AM

I like those designs! They are a flashback from the handwork I did as a kid.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:30 AM

I also have to clean in my sewing room. Then I have four totes to make for orders. Then I'm going to get back to making quilt tops to sell. Oh, I also am going to make quilts for my 4 kids & baby DGS; already made them for the other 7 DGKs. Then, if there's still time, I have lots of UFOs to work on. I don't think I'll run out of anything to do this year either, lol.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:33 AM

I have a jacket that I cut out about 3 years ago and I am getting that done. I also have some quilts that I want to do, have them cut out also.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:47 AM

My first projects will be the 3 UFOs I'm currently working on. I thought I could get the tops done by Christmas, but it just isn't happening. One is a hand pieced Apple Core quilt, and then two that use up HSTs (Lady of the Lake and the Zig Zag quilt from Fons and Porter). Then, I have to work o making some clothing.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:00 AM

I plan to start the sashing for my Dear Jane....looking forward to sewing with the 2012 group here on this board...began Jane in 2008 finished all 225 in 2009...she has been waiting while I took a detour to enjoy my new retirement - not back on track...for me :-)

Judy in Phx
Old 12-23-2011, 09:23 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Just wondering how long it will take us all to catch our breath?