Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which one to buy >

Which one to buy

Which one to buy

Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 AM

I bought the Go Baby for myself for Christmas. I have used it once and finished by cutting with my rulers and templates. It takes too much time and wastes material. 4.5" blocks go much faster cutting a 4.5" strip and sub-cutting to 4.5" blocks. I have mine up for sale on eBay for $70.00 right now if anyone is interested. I have three dies to sell please PM me if interested.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
I would still go with QuiltCut2. Mine has been going for years. No gears. Unless you can get a couple of you to go together and buy the accuquilt.

I also have what was called a third hand by a Mr Quilt. Don't think he is in business anymore though. It was basically a Brooklyn Revolver squared with a clamp that went from he side to right over the center of the revolving part. I put my fabric down, place my template, screw down the clamp, and cut turning the revolving part as I go. My templates stay in place and my pieces are perfect! I can send a picture if anyone has a DH or someone who might want to make them one.

My templates ... again: if not available at a deep discount I have made by my local plastics company. Though I have used exposed Xray film at times.

ali
They had the vender for the quiltcut at the Hampton quilt show here in Feb. I wanted to see what it did since I've often heard on here people preferring one over the other. The one thing that the vender and I agreed apon after her demonstration; they are not interchangeable. They each bring thier own benefits to the table and shouldn't be compared to each other but are great compliments to each other. I have the accuquilt go and I love it and if I can afford it in the future would love to get the quiltcut 2 to go along with it; but NEVER replace it.