Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
One more question, please...which sashing? >

One more question, please...which sashing?

One more question, please...which sashing?

Old 08-24-2011, 10:02 AM

Would use black sashing and variegated red,green,blue thread to applique.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
I like the plaid, but would be careful on how you cut it so it looks straight. Also the light blue would be better than the dark..it's a little too busy, I think.
IMHO, if you feel like "fussy cutting" the plaid, I'd go with that. Otherwise, I'd go with the dark blue.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
I like the plaid, but would be careful on how you cut it so it looks straight. Also the light blue would be better than the dark..it's a little too busy, I think.
IMHO, if you feel like "fussy cutting" the plaid, I'd go with that. Otherwise, I'd go with the dark blue.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by medots
Cut the plad on the bias and you won't need to try and lining it up.
Exactly!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:20 AM

Your blocks are very cute. What is the pattern? I agree that the bias would very nice, but I don't think I would be able to do that without stretching the sashing. I am new to quilting so maybe with experience I will be able to...

Good luck with your sashing and please post your finished quilt....
Old 08-24-2011, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by star619
Super blocks & they all have black (tires,etc). I'd have to go with the black and white or yellow dashes down the center. This will add visual interest, & later, as he is older, reality-check & attention to detail to notice road "signs". Language is not just "alphabetic" reading, but other indicators of information(paw prints when hunting,street signs, map designations, etc.) This teaches him to observe his environment, and interpret possible information in short-hand form. This takes the quilt from cute to a learning tool. IMHO.
Very true. While reading this, I got the feeling I am "conversing" with a fellow person who works in the therapy world.??. Sounds very Sensory Integrative...I have to admit, though, I just decided to make it because I liked the idea... :-D
Old 08-24-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by theresa.redington
I like the plaid. But then I (because I like the look) would do corner stones in blue, red, green, and yellow. But I know whatever you do will look great. Have fun because it looks like a fun quilt. :D

The other prints would make a great backing, binding, and matching pillow cases.
I have thought of that, too... :thumbup: thanks!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by KathyKat
I'd use the plaid cut on the bias for the sashing and binding and then use the other two for borders. You could also use the lt. blue small print for cornerstones between the sashing if you like cornerstones, or a solid gold. I would use gray thread, the color of the inside of the wheels for appliqueing.
I love all those trucks! Your colors and the fabrics are perfect! Is this a pattern I could buy somewhere? What is the name of the fabric line? I would love to make this for my 3 yr old GS.
I got the idea from seeing some of the block patterns on fatcatpatterns.com, from Sindy Rodenmayer...the other blocks I just googled free coloring book pages, found some I liked, and adapted them to fabric...the fabric line is actually from Walmart, I think...have had it a while...the selvages say A V.I.P. print Cranston print works co....

Originally Posted by Crqltr
I would do a narrow of the plaid..on the bias then add a wider border with the dark blue. Blocks are really nice.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm gonna be different and say I like the material with the vehicles in it. I also thought the idea to make a highway between the blocks would be a cute idea.