Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which one will I do next? >

Which one will I do next?

Which one will I do next?

Old 07-26-2010, 03:22 AM

I have got so many projects I want to do, how do I decide which one to do next? This is getting me down as I want to do them all....... :?
Old 07-26-2010, 03:28 AM

Start with the one that will go the quickest, then you will be so excited, you will move on to the next one, and the next one, and........ you get the idea, lol! Have fun!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:37 AM

Just start!!!! :thumbup:
Old 07-26-2010, 03:52 AM

I usually have at least half a dozen projects going in various stages of completion. So just dive in on any one of them and at least get it cut, maybe cut two or three...
Old 07-26-2010, 04:23 AM

You could just leave it to the quilting gods. Close your eyes and grap something and that's the project you were meant to start. Have fun.
Originally Posted by jilloc
I have got so many projects I want to do, how do I decide which one to do next? This is getting me down as I want to do them all....... :?
Old 07-26-2010, 05:17 AM

I would do the one I like the least to get it out of the way for the others.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:40 AM

I'm in the same dilemma. I finished my doll quilt swaps last week and a bow tucks purse yesterday and thought, "what now"?

So I made a list. Of course at the top is the fall table runner for my partner, Farmer's Wife quilt blocks (I am trying to do 5 a week), another Bow Tucks bag, a City Girl bag for school, finish restoring my Singer treadle, 34 more pillowcases, 2010 BOM's, and this is before school starts in three weeks. Then I have decided to make Christmas gifts this year as we really don't need anything but want some nice handmade items.
I also keep track of the swaps I am in here so I don't get overwhelmed or underachieved. I am trying to limit myself to three swaps at a time and have several projects going at a time as I get bored with one project so this way I can change back and forth at will.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

I have kits and fabrics all around. If there is not a quilt someone is waiting for (and usually there is) I pick the one that will challenge me.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

I've been very overwhelmed lately. Last night I cut out 15 daisies for a quilt I got from Connecting Threads. It's my first kit. Cutting out the daisies made me feel better. We're traveling soon and I want something to do in the car.
I love needleturn applique and will get those blocks done. The rest will be pieced.
Believe me, I know the feeling. You aren't alone!!
Sometimes I get so overwhelmed that I freeze and don't do anything. I hate that :(
Old 07-26-2010, 07:47 AM

Well I only have about 12 projects in process and I just started a new one last night LOL I work on whichever quilt strikes my fancy at the time. I used to DREAD the part where I would have to actually quilt the quilt since I could never master that on my home machine. For this reason I never could bring myself to finish a top since if it's not finished yet, it doesn't have to be quilted yet!! LOL But I will be getting a longarm in a few days, so now I want to finish them all!! :)

I find it best to make a list of all my WIPS and I list out what I have left to do with them, I will just go down the list and finish the ones that are closest to being done and go from there.

Cheers!
Rachel