Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinions on cutting table ( pic. shown) >

Opinions on cutting table ( pic. shown)

Opinions on cutting table ( pic. shown)

Old 11-26-2009, 06:35 PM

I have this table and I love it! It is about the same height of a kitchen counter and the surface is nice and large. I've had mine for about 4 years and it served quite well as a library shelf for all of my nursing text books (about a three foot stack!) without any failures (me or the table :). When there isn't anything on it (that never happens) it folds up and wheels nicely for storage in the closet...
Old 11-26-2009, 06:37 PM

I bought this table on sale at JoAnn's quite a few years ago & I just love it. I think I have only taken it down twice since I have had it otherwise it's up all the time & always in use. I haven't had any problems with mine & height wise is fine I'm only 4'11'' so I am short!! If you can afford it buy the big mat to go with it also it is great. Good luck!!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

I have had this table for about 5 years now, don't know how i ever got along without it!! i LOVe it! i can fold part of it and have less space, open it all the way and have lots of space, it moves easily, i am so thankful to have it DAILy.
when i received the table my kids bought me the cutting mat that fits it, which is wonderful too, accept, i kind of wore it out :mrgreen:
using a coupon for it is great!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:35 AM

I have one and I love it, love it, love it. It's taller than a standard table so it helps my back. Plus it folds down when I need the room.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:53 AM

If you want this table...JoAnne's has it on sale right now;)
Old 11-27-2009, 10:00 AM

I believe I got this same table at Hancocks, several years ago. I am 5'2"" and it is a bit tall for me, so I just use it for storage. I use my sewing table to cut or my DR table, as they suit me better since I am verically challenged. Hope you al had a super TG. Had it at my daughter's house in Denver, with her in laws. Was really nice. Served at 1 PM and I left about 4:30 or so, as I broke me glasses in a fall last week and awaiting my new ones. weather was fantastic, to be near 70 today.The food was superb and her pumpim pie was to die for. She and hubby are gourmet chefs. I don't call them cooks, as they are so wonderful at what they do, but need abigger kitchen. In real life they are accountants. Wish TG came more than 1 time a year. I nener over eat, so it would be OK with my waist line. Blessings to all of you dear ones on this site.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:24 AM

I have this table and love it! I am 5'4'' and find it to be an excellent height
Old 11-27-2009, 01:47 PM

it is me again. have a bowl of popcorn in one hand with no salt butter--ha. joanns mailer has an additional 20% off entire order for next couple of days---sew you can get it even cheaper. :D
Old 11-28-2009, 03:02 PM

I've had this table for years. I am 5'3". I had my DH glue cork board on top. It's great. The cork makes it so nice for copying patterns. The patterns and paper can be pinned to the cork and don't move. I cover the cork with white butcher paper. That makes a bright surface and the patterns are easy to trace. My cutting mat fits perfect for cutting fabric. The only drawback is that it will lean when moved. I have a carpet floor and this could be part of the reason. Someday I want DH to put it on wood legs.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:01 PM

JudeWill: What a clever idea. Have my cutting table in my large LR in front of my ceiling to floor, wall to waal windows. Really Nice. Would rather have it in my sewing roohm, or at least the room I have designated as my SRm when I moved here from SD. But, to unapck this SR, and will do when I recover from my faa on the ice 10 days ago. So anxious to start sewing an quilting. Cronic Fatigue Syndrome rules my days and with fubromyalgia, makes fall recovery slower.

Anyway, your cork board idea sounds great. Thanks for sharing your idea!!!