Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinions on cutting table ( pic. shown) >

Opinions on cutting table ( pic. shown)

Opinions on cutting table ( pic. shown)

Old 11-28-2009, 04:32 PM

This will be your best investment!
Old 11-29-2009, 08:28 AM

Welcome, but I can't claim credit. Got the idea online somewhere. It does work out great! :D
Old 11-29-2009, 09:28 AM

Well, Black Friday has come and gone and I am curious to know if you bought the table.

I had one and found it a little wobbly, so I pushed it up against a wall to give it a little more stability. My daughter confiscated it when we moved and my husband built me a new cutting table with drawers. She loves it and likes the fact that the sides drop down when she is not using it, since they live in an apartment.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:55 PM

OK - I got a lot of great advice about the table. I decided not to buy it - I know ... I know.. but space was a factor and I am going through a seperation and money is tight. Decided I could put my dining room table on the bed lifters and have cutting height for a day. I also " frugally" repurposed other items to make a new sewing area in the living room. I gave up my sewing room upstairs - cats domain and the two dogs would be up there creating havoc more than not. SO... I moved downstairs. Have gotten way more sewing done with it right in the living room. Used a big old table for my cutting mat and machine. And a small table for my little ironing mat. Put some storage underneath and my design wall over the table. I appreciate everyone's advice and everyone put such thought into what they said about the table. I just had to think about not spending the money. Thanks again!

sewing area
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57867[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-57867.jpe  
Old 11-30-2009, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by liblueeyes
OK - I got a lot of great advice about the table. I decided not to buy it - I know ... I know.. but space was a factor and I am going through a seperation and money is tight. Decided I could put my dining room table on the bed lifters and have cutting height for a day. I also " frugally" repurposed other items to make a new sewing area in the living room. I gave up my sewing room upstairs - cats domain and the two dogs would be up there creating havoc more than not. SO... I moved downstairs. Have gotten way more sewing done with it right in the living room. Used a big old table for my cutting mat and machine. And a small table for my little ironing mat. Put some storage underneath and my design wall over the table. I appreciate everyone's advice and everyone put such thought into what they said about the table. I just had to think about not spending the money. Thanks again!
When times are hard, we all do what we have to do. I hope things improve for you personally and financially! Your new space looks functional...glad you are getting more sewing done. Enjoy it!

Hugs

Margie :)
Old 11-30-2009, 04:12 PM

Good job for holding strong. Isn't it amazing what a little bit of creative rearranging can do?
Old 11-30-2009, 05:13 PM

Your sewing are looks great.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:09 AM

I just bought this table for the same sale price at Hancock's on Black Friday. I LOVE it! It's definitely the right height for cutting. You can also order a pressing pad for it. I love that it folds up out of the way when not in use.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:05 AM

Guess I need to get mine cleaned off and folded up. By the way the picture of your cat is like my cat.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:19 AM

Hey, you did well without the table. Great Therapy area! Wish you much luck!