Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinions of online quilting shows >

Opinions of online quilting shows

Opinions of online quilting shows

Old 10-18-2019, 11:54 AM

Default Opinions of online quilting shows

Do any of you subscribe to The Quilt Show on line? If so , do you like it? Years ago I loved QNN. Does anyone know if it is still going? Thank you in advance for any opinions and advice.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-18-2019 at 04:24 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 10-18-2019, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

I like The Quilt Show and Bluprint. Bluprint is easier to navigate then Craftsy in my opinion and I can stream Bluprint to my TV with no problem. My friend had a different internet service and she had lots of problems streaming Quilt Show and Bluprint She thought it was the show's fault until she saw it streamed flawlessly at my house. Her provider said it was the website's fault. LOL She changed service and now streams with no problems.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

I have Bluprint and the videos are no different from when it was Craftsy for me. I find them very user friendly.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:45 PM

I subscribed to the quilt show one year when Rob was in Australia for quite awhile and worked my way through all the shows. In that case it was worth it but not something I'd normally take the time to do, as our service can be really iffy.

I only like Bonnie Hunter's quiltville quiltcam on youtube, I don't want a class just someone to quilt with.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:28 AM

Very little is new on Bluprint. I think Craftsy was much easier to navigate .
Old 10-19-2019, 12:59 PM

I am a new subscriber to The Quilt Show, and so far am loving my subscription. There are tons of old shows I have never seen, and all are available for viewing anytime, so I am not getting much sleep. Until the end of this month there are running a special---you get a 14 month subscription for the usual price of a one year subscription, which is $49.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:44 PM

I still subscribe to what used to be QNN. With all the changes at the Quilting Company, they have changed the name and kind of buried it on the website. I actually wanted to cancel this summer, but I never could find it on the website. I was a little surprised when a few weeks later there was a charge on my credit card for $70. I will try again next year, if they are still around.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:44 PM

I really liked my subscription to the Quilt Show. The problem is even though I am retired I feel overwhelmed sometimes-so much to watch. Unsurprisingly, the videos are well done. If I remember correctly you can also view parts of a video if you want to zero in on a technique.
They do advertise a lot of product but I'm not a big internet order person so that's not an issue for me.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:09 AM

I subscribe to both the Quilt Show and Blueprint. I like them both. I enjoy the different quilters featured on The Quilt Show. I have made their free BOM three times. This year I bought the kit and love how it is turning out, but it is challenging. I would like to know how to stream those shows through my Tv. I am not very tech savvy so I watch them in my computer.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:52 AM

I love The Quilt Show. Entertaining and full of information.