Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ordered from Common Threads?

Ordered from Common Threads?

Have you every ordered from Common Threads?

I'm looking at their block of the month club. I haven't done any business with them before. How are their kits? Is there a little extra fabric when making a quilt?

Thanks!
    Ginger
    ~stitching one thread at a time~

I have ordered from them before- but not kits. They are a nice company to do business with. Very reliable.

They are great to do business with. Have found their kits to have a generous amount of fabric (made baby quilts and wall hangings from their kits).

I have done several blocks of the month with them. They are fair and honest and extremely easy to work with. I hate to say it, but I recently chose to do a BOM with them when my LQS was doing the same one.
    The wonderful thing about Tiggers is that Tiggers are wonderful things.

I've made 3 kits from CT and they provide ample yardage. One kit had so much extra that I made a second quilt using another pattern. Great customer service and are prompt. Their current catalog has a new collection and many kits using collection that is to die for. I've been avoiding the catalog but it's difficult with it screaming at me from across the room.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Thanks so much ladies!!

Now......to commit.......
    Ginger

Blog Entries
    I have tried to find the site Common Threads and get a weird page. Could someone post the link please?

Could she possibly mean Connecting Threads instead of Common Threads?

Or maybe this might be the site she's referring to:

https://commonthreadsquilting.com/default.aspx
    Last edited by Libster; 01-17-2018 at 04:43 PM.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Oh...I didn't catch the "common" and answered it based on Connecting Threads. So sorry, gingerd! I'm not familiar with Common Threads if that was the actual vendor you were inquiring about.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    we knew what she meant......
    those catalogs are so expensive, but so effective...I've succumbed myself.

Always good to hear about a company with great service. I checked out their site. Am I missing something? I don't see a whole lot of fabric.

I am doing one of their BOM right now...very nice people! We travel in the summertime so was not home for 2 months..I emailed them and told them to hold my shipment and they did without any trouble....another time they charged my cc but a week later I hadn't received my block so emailed them again and wouldn't you know it showed up that afternoon so I sent them another email and told them. About a week later they called to make sure I had gotten my block! I will be doing more BOM with them...I have had plenty of fabric to even make a mistake or two when cutting too...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gingerd View Post
    Have you every ordered from Common Threads?

I'm looking at their block of the month club. I haven't done any business with them before. How are their kits? Is there a little extra fabric when making a quilt?

Thanks!
    LilaKay...greatgramma to Brielle Mae

www.commonthreadsquilting.com

Have never done business with them, but just wanted to post their link in case anyone else was interested in seeing what they carry.
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Thanks, I just ordered more fabric. I am now required to live until I am 753 if I want to use up all the fabric I have. Great prices and free shipping, yippee.

Quote Originally Posted by mmac71 View Post
    I have tried to find the site Common Threads and get a weird page. Could someone post the link please?
    Here you go.......
    https://www.commonthreadsquilting.com
    Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by Mama H View Post
    Thanks, I just ordered more fabric. I am now required to live until I am 753 if I want to use up all the fabric I have. Great prices and free shipping, yippee.
    LOL I'm in the same boat!

Oh - I really like some of their BOM patterns - but not a real fan on their fabric choices. I know they have most of the patterns also for sale, but they seem really high for non-paper pieced patterns. I've paid that kind of money for patterns that come with 15 sheets of templates, but not for ones that are only instructions.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

The only thing that I can add is that this website has a physical shop is everything I love in a shop. It is in an old historic building in downtown Waxahachie, Texas. They seem to sell everything quilting except modern fabric. All excellent quality fabric designer. The BOM's that are displayed in the store turn out even more magnificent than the pictures show on-line. They are always stunning.

I have done many BOM with them. I live close enough to take day trips to their store - Love It!!! they have wonderful civil war fabrics. I say you can't go wrong with them and they are so easy to work with either directly on the phone or by e-mail.

Susan in Texas