Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ott Light question >

Ott Light question

Ott Light question

Old 03-31-2020, 08:18 AM

After getting no response to an email we tried to remove the bulbs and could not find a bulb!!

So I called the company and was on hold for about 5-10 minutes. BUT, then I got instant satisfaction.

My floor lamp, "Dual Shade LED Floor Lamp with USB Charging Station" actually has no light bulbs to change, according to the company. These lamps are meant to last 40,000 hours and since mine did not all I have to do is provide proof of purchase and they will send a replacement. I got an immediate email from the company. I have emailed back the requested information and will keep you posted as to whether or not they will replace it within two weeks as stated.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:38 PM

Have you received anything yet?
Old 04-07-2020, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by mkc View Post
I haven't looked at Ott lights in depth, but isn't/wasn't their niche that they had full spectrum bulbs in them? Seems to me last time I was in Lowes or Home Depot there were some full spectrum fluorescent bulbs available in the lightbulb aisle. Would think that would give more options than simply an Ott-branded lamp.
I have often wondered the same thing! I don't understand what the fuss is about these lights, you can put a daylight bulb in any lamp and get good quality light. It's like driving a Mercedes vs a Honda - you pay a lot more for one but they both get you to the same place.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
Ott lights only supply bulbs for a limited time after they quit making the lamps. I ran into problems with this on one of my older Ott lights. My husband was able to make the bulb fit (Ott told me it would fit. It didn't) so I got lucky. I bought a Stella lamp that I got a deal on. If it works out long run, I"m buying those from now on. They're pricey but I really like my Stella lamp. Much better than my Ott lights.
We have a store near me which specializes in bulbs and batteries. I was able to buy a very strange bulb for my favorite floor lamp from them. Look around. Maybe you will be able to find what you need.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:12 AM

This morning I received an email from OttLight Company--for the shipping price of $9.99 they will ship me a new lamp.
1. This is the first Ott Light I have ever purchased.
2. Since I'm sure a bulb would cost me as much or more, I'll send them a check as they requested and hope I get a new lamp in return.
3. I'll probably never buy another Ott Light! In my quilting room I have the daylight bulbs and they provide ever bit as much quality light as sunlight, which is the best ever!

Thank you all for our input and support.

Grammahunt
Old 04-09-2020, 08:37 AM

You can buy non-Ott replacement bulbs, much cheaper. I think I bought mine at Lowes and they were Panasonic brand.