ouch

Old 11-24-2011, 08:26 PM

Ouch!! The only time I ever got cut with the rotary cutter was taking it out of the wrapper too. Take care of yourself.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:02 PM

Hope you are healing well.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Power Poster

Ow! A moment of inattention can cause a nasty accident....hope you heal soon.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:48 AM

thanks everyone.
no I didn't get medical treatment I had just finished a course of antibiotics and as it bled so much it more or less washed itself out, I used a bandaid to hold it together then another to hold the bandaid on, real bush first aid, it is healing nicely already, but still very sore, the new blade is a sew easy and comes in that hard plastic that is heat sealed, I have other blades that come in a little case much better and much safer too. maybe I will contact sew easy and complain about the packaging and sugest they use these little cases too.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:32 PM

I hope you heal quickly!

Love your tag line so had to go look at your website. I hope your kitties are patient with you!
Old 11-25-2011, 12:34 PM

Ouch!!! Been there done that!!! OUCH AGAIN!!!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 02:54 PM

Oh ouch! This is from a women who is missing the tip of one of her fingers. Not quilting related however. That sounds like it would of hurt.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:35 PM

My sympathies. I've also been there and done that with stitches. Take care.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Power Poster

I am so sorry. Take care hope it heals quickly!!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by LindaM49
OUCH! I put a paring knife in my hand cutting carrots for my grandaughter when she was little...she's 19 now. The knife was stuck in the carrot and stupid me put my left hand under the carrot to try and pull the knife out...instead it went through and into my hand right between my middle and index finger. Blood gushing out...hubby was away at a football game with our son (father of grandaughter) plus grandson who was a baby was here too since their mother was at work...hair stylist and working till close that night. My mother lived with us and she got a bowl of ice for me and we wrapped it in a towel...wouldn't stop bleeding. So I called my neighbors and they took me to the ER. Got stitches and then had to see a hand surgeon after the stitches came out. Ended up having to have surgery to repair the nerves...no feeling at the spot on my hand. In a cast to my elbow for 6 weeks...end of Nov. till after Christmas. OMG...my hubby had to do just about everything...and he DID do everything and never complained. To this day and forever I have a tingle sensation in that hand...feels like when something "falls asleep" and then the blood flow starts again. Hand surgeon said that I should have been taken directly to surgery from the ER...too long a period from the injury till he finally repaired the nerves. But the ER doctor was sure good looking...thank God I put on some makeup and fixed my hair before we went. Everyone said...OMG...that WOULD be you. Can't leave the house unless you look good. And then he removed the stitches...so looked my best that day too. LOL
I can't imagine fixing my hair and putting on makeup while blood is gushing from my hand. You're too funny! LOL!!