ouch

Old 11-23-2011, 11:28 PM

Thumbs down ouch

well I have read of many misshaps on this forum, well now I have cut myself quite badly.
I opened the wrapping for a new rotary blade and slipped and cut my finger to the bone. I will be much more careful in the future.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:59 PM

ouch! bless you I know that hurt.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:18 AM
Jim

OUCH.... I know...by experience how bad that hurts...can only hope it heals quickly and knock it up to experience
Old 11-24-2011, 12:50 AM

I cringe at the thought of it. I still can feel the pain of when I sliced off the side of my index finger. I wonder if I'll ever lose the tingling feeling that I still have.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:22 AM

Twenty odd years ago I cut the tip of my finger when I worked at a fruit shop and even now I will get burning sensations once in a while on that finger. I don't think the nerves ever heal properly. Sorry for your hurt.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:51 AM

Oh you poor thing, I've had a few good slices over the years that I remember well. Hope you heal quickly!
Old 11-24-2011, 04:35 AM

Bless your heart! Sounds like no fun to me! Hope it heals quickly and you can enjoy your Thanksgiving Day! Maybe someone else needs to do the cooking and cleaning up afterwards?
Old 11-24-2011, 04:57 AM
Power Poster

Ouch!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:20 AM

OUCH! I put a paring knife in my hand cutting carrots for my grandaughter when she was little...she's 19 now. The knife was stuck in the carrot and stupid me put my left hand under the carrot to try and pull the knife out...instead it went through and into my hand right between my middle and index finger. Blood gushing out...hubby was away at a football game with our son (father of grandaughter) plus grandson who was a baby was here too since their mother was at work...hair stylist and working till close that night. My mother lived with us and she got a bowl of ice for me and we wrapped it in a towel...wouldn't stop bleeding. So I called my neighbors and they took me to the ER. Got stitches and then had to see a hand surgeon after the stitches came out. Ended up having to have surgery to repair the nerves...no feeling at the spot on my hand. In a cast to my elbow for 6 weeks...end of Nov. till after Christmas. OMG...my hubby had to do just about everything...and he DID do everything and never complained. To this day and forever I have a tingle sensation in that hand...feels like when something "falls asleep" and then the blood flow starts again. Hand surgeon said that I should have been taken directly to surgery from the ER...too long a period from the injury till he finally repaired the nerves. But the ER doctor was sure good looking...thank God I put on some makeup and fixed my hair before we went. Everyone said...OMG...that WOULD be you. Can't leave the house unless you look good. And then he removed the stitches...so looked my best that day too. LOL
Old 11-24-2011, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

Hope you recover quickly. Take care.