Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Our 1st Spanish Quilt Show >

Our 1st Spanish Quilt Show

Our 1st Spanish Quilt Show

Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Congrats on the quilt show being a success.
I'm sorry to hear about the accident with the guys and hope that they will both recover soon. So sorry about Mikes injuries, will have good thoughts and prayers for him and his family.

IZY!!!!!!! Hurry and get back here so we can see pictures!!!
Oooh Terri, you are in for some eye candy with Helenīs silk sewing. She had at least 12 pieces of work on show, perfection and more is all I can say. She sold one, I know it was a lot of money but donīt know how much she charges.

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers.

John is now out of hospital and has his stitches out of his face, and a soft collar on his neck but is still poorly and hurting a lot. Will give you updates on Mike.

Elle
Old 10-26-2008, 11:21 PM

Ellie, that's awesome that the quilt show was such a success, that was a lot of hard work by all you ladies, bravo to all of you! And oh so sad about the fella that got injured, so glad the quilt will go to a good cause :) :) :)
Old 10-27-2008, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Barb M
Ellie, that's awesome that the quilt show was such a success, that was a lot of hard work by all you ladies, bravo to all of you! And oh so sad about the fella that got injured, so glad the quilt will go to a good cause :) :) :)
Thanks Barb, It was quite amazing that so many people came, and we even had some lovely spanish ladies come to see our work (They are fairly shy unassuming people) so that was great. It was awesome even for me to walk into the room and see so many quilts, cross stitch, stumpwork, lace, silk embriodary, card making projects all come together, se had some awesome quilts to and one that won first place at the Harrongate Quilt Show in England.

We are all getting together to help Mike and try to get him back home to England to a spinal Unit called Stoke Mandeville, little groups are fund raising, its early days yet and they have a lawyer on their case.

Elle
Old 10-27-2008, 12:32 AM

Elle,

Glad to hear the show was so successful. And it is so perfect that the one's who need it most received a benefit.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by CindyBee
Elle,

Glad to hear the show was so successful. And it is so perfect that the one's who need it most received a benefit.
Cindy, think that was the bet part of the show for me anyways as they are friends of mine.

Elle
Old 10-27-2008, 02:02 AM

Sorry to hear that about your friend; but glad that the quilt will serve a dule perpoes.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:49 PM

I am so glad that you had a wonderful show. It will inspire your group for more. I am so sorry to hear about the two men that here hurt.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Thanks Barb, It was quite amazing that so many people came, and we even had some lovely spanish ladies come to see our work (They are fairly shy unassuming people) so that was great. It was awesome even for me to walk into the room and see so many quilts, cross stitch, stumpwork, lace, silk embriodary, card making projects all come together, se had some awesome quilts to and one that won first place at the Harrongate Quilt Show in England.

We are all getting together to help Mike and try to get him back home to England to a spinal Unit called Stoke Mandeville, little groups are fund raising, its early days yet and they have a lawyer on their case.

Elle

Okay I gotta ask, what the heck is stumpwork?!!!!!! :oops:
Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 PM

Hi Melissa, Ha ha, I didnīt know either so I had to ask because the lady who did it had not arrived and her work was not on show at the time.

Its a form of embroidery done by hand giving a 3īD effect, some of the petals on a flower are wired and handsewn over to create this so it stands away from the cloth. Its difficult to explain, but Izy has photos. hopefully it will show up what I mean. Its very beautiful and intricate.

Clear as mud ........yeh

Elle
Old 10-30-2008, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Congrats on the quilt show being a success.
I'm sorry to hear about the accident with the guys and hope that they will both recover soon. So sorry about Mikes injuries, will have good thoughts and prayers for him and his family.

IZY!!!!!!! Hurry and get back here so we can see pictures!!!
Oooh Terri, you are in for some eye candy with Helenīs silk sewing. She had at least 12 pieces of work on show, perfection and more is all I can say. She sold one, I know it was a lot of money but donīt know how much she charges.

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers.

John is now out of hospital and has his stitches out of his face, and a soft collar on his neck but is still poorly and hurting a lot. Will give you updates on Mike.

Elle
I can't wait to see pics!!!
Tell Helen to please adopt me so I can have ALL her stuff. lol