Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Out of... WHAT? >

Out of... WHAT?

Out of... WHAT?

Old 09-18-2010, 04:02 PM

You can get little trailers to drag behind the RV...try to find one that can convert into a little annex or tent that becomes your sewing room!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by jitkaau
You can get little trailers to drag behind the RV...try to find one that can convert into a little annex or tent that becomes your sewing room!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by joyceelaine1951
My hubby and I are discussing selling or renting our house because it's getting hard for him to care for it.We are considering living in a RV and going south in winter and and back to Maine and N.H in the summer when it's warmer. I can't leave my kitchen aid mixer and my 4 sewing machines and all my fabric and notions behind. I'll store them in the trunk of my car if I have to.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by jitkaau
Cane hampers filled with fabric( and pieces of soap to stop the bugs) look 'stylish' enough. I also have a plastic garbage bin filled with fabric, with a round piece of wood on top to form an over - sized 'lid'. This is covered with a long tablecloth and no - one knows that the chic table in the corner hides a million secrets.
I gotta try this one! :lol: :lol:
Old 09-18-2010, 04:26 PM

My daughter has told me the same thing. I finally took the bed out of the "sewing room". But now that I have trouble walking & don't do stairs well I just keep adding more fabric since I have moved my machines down to the dining room. Also my name is Joyce
quote from:sewjoyce]The other day, my grown DD was staring in amazement at my spare bedroom....the boxes of fabric, etc. have grown to overwhelm the room (well, there is still walking room around the bed). And I'm trying to reorganize my sewing room so the spare bed was piled with various boxes of "essential" stuff. I told her that this was the stuff that I used on a regular basis and asked her if she had any ideas about storing it. Her comment? "Mom, you got way too much stuff!" :lol:[/quote]

:lol:
Old 09-18-2010, 04:40 PM

If you make nice flat folded pieces, there is a lot of space between the mattress and box springs. Keeps it well pressed too lol. You can put it in the back of the linen closet behind the towels.

My DH does not mind how much fabric I get, but I still can't seem to find satisfactory places to store it. I have large, clear tubs and I color sort everything...obviously too much stash. I'll never live long enough to make all these quilts.
Virginia
Old 09-18-2010, 04:42 PM

I have been accused of being a hoarder, but my daughter meant it in fun. (I hope) But I live way out of town and don't want to drive 7 1/2 miles (one way) just to buy a piece of fabric. Plus, you can never have too much fabric!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:45 PM

I realized I have too much and will probably never use it all so I started digging out older items and gifting them. Gone are boxes to my 2 dds out of state and 3 boxes to QB friends in need.

Thought I was doing well- didn't buy anymore than blenders for a project, wee bit for SQA and swaps. Truly watching not to regain what I cleaned out. And then I went to the basement to dd's room that we turned into storage. Organizing created 2 more empty tubs. I thought that was great, I'm getting somewhere, until I counted the tubs. I thought I should have 12- I swear those tubs were not using birth control- there are 18! I could have sworn I had 14.

Bottom line, I started making piles of fabric. I have to get some boxes, last week I flattened and recycled a bunch of boxes so I don't have any right now. I really need to get rid of 2 more boxes. I know I will not use this all. I just pick random people here on the board and email them and off goes a box. I honestly don't have the time to take pics, post them and follow up to sell. So I just hope I send the right stuff to someone who is in need.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:48 PM

so we are thinking about moving to another state and we only have one child still at home so in reality we should be able to downsize to a 2 bedroom right? WRONG!!! i have been looking at rental listings and we have a better chance of finding a 3bedroom house than a 2 bedroom (rather NOT live in an apartment)and as far as price the 3 is about the same or just a bit more in price. so i tell the hubby def getting a 3 got to have someplace for craft room which is fine with him because hopefully in the near future this is going to start making us some money or course if i get off here and get busy! it will be so nice to not have to put everything away when it is time for bed which in turn will make it much easier to pick up the next day so i might actually get something done.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:44 PM

well I can't complain about a big stash because I can't afford it. BUT if the prices do go up on fabric, I will have too give up my idea of quilting and I will be wishing I had a big stash stored back like yall! Not being able too have a big stash financially won't make me have too leave my new circle of friends here that are teaching me things does it.

After 20 years I finally found out who had my foster mother's quilt frames and they gave them too me. Small ones for baby quilts I suppose and big ones for big folks like me. I have them hanging on my wall in the living room so as not too ever lose them.