Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Outstanding Quilt Shops? >

Outstanding Quilt Shops?

Outstanding Quilt Shops?

Old 08-13-2018, 02:34 AM

Quilting in the Valley in LaSalle, IL. She does a live show & tell every Wednesday at 7:00 pm on her Facebook page. ( you can watch her previous videos too). You should be less than 3 hours from her...about an hour west of the Fabric Center in Morris, IL....another great shop.

Peace & Applique is in Rochester, IL which is just outside of Springfield, IL. you will NOt be disappointed! They have a second location ( Modern!) in Bloomington, IL. The Central IL shop hop in October has an amazing group of unique shops in their hop. It takes 2 weekends to complete their hop!

All should have kits,
Quilters Garden in Princeton, IL has a very nice shop...they have their signature hand towel kits plus others. About a 30 minute drive west of Quilting in the Valley just off I 80.

Oh, so many shops to see! Check out their Facebook pages .

Sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 08-13-2018 at 02:43 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:59 AM

I live near Shipshewana and spend a great deal (too much) of time shopping at Lolly's or Yoders. I have seen some kits being made at Lolly's but she said they sell out pretty fast. At least I think those were kits.

This area is loaded with quilt shops. Others (small ones) to check out are the quilt shop at Essenhause in Middlebury, Spectors across from Yoder's, little Amish quilt shop in Renttown near Nappannee, Calico Point on the way to Nappannee. And bellieve it or not, we have lost 5 quilt shops in the past 3 years. What with retirements, car accidents, cancer.

Feel free to contact me for more information. I'm here without my glasses so I probably forgot half of what I wanted to relay to you all.

Marcia
Old 08-13-2018, 04:04 AM

I went to MQSC last month and loved it. There seemed to be many kits too. I wasn't looking for kits, but I kept seeing cute kits and wishing they supplied just the pattern to buy. Other than that, I loved it! So many shops, each of with its own theme.

Enjoy wherever you go to treat yourself to one last summer holiday fling!
Old 08-14-2018, 01:07 AM

Sew n' Save in Racine, WI is a great shop also! Their sewing machine repair men were wonderful when we lived there 8 years ago.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:49 AM

Just got a notice from Missouri Southern Quilt that they are having a sale on kits. $75.00. Stock up!!
Old 08-14-2018, 03:17 AM

I'm sure my area is much farther than a 6 hour drive from Chicago, but the good news is we have many, many, many OUTSTANDING quilt shops - Lancaster County, PA. A quilter's paradise.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:43 AM

There is a very nice shop in Milton, Wi. Less than an hour north Waunakee has a lovely quilt store. The previous poster is correct, there are at least 6 ot 7 quilt stores in the Appleton/Green Bay area including Primitive Gatherings. I have never made it to all of them in one day.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:46 AM

I would add The Red Hen Quilt shop in Muscatine, Iowa to your list. It's in a residential section of town and in an old florist building. A little had to find the first time around, but if you have GPS or google maps you can find it. I think the address off the top of my head is 612 Hope Ave. And if you are coming to Iowa also add Expressions in Thread in LeClaire, Iowa. Located on the main drag and you will have great views of the river. A small shop, but some great fabric and the staff is excellent. Enjoy your trip!
Old 08-14-2018, 06:10 AM

Don't miss QUILTERS STATION in Lee's Summit, Mo. It is on Facebook so you can read the comments and see lots of pictures. People come from all parts of the U S and internationally also.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:27 AM

Country Stitches in Lansing, MI, is an awesome shop. It has everything you need from machines to tons of fabric, rulers, etc.

http://countrystitches.com/quilt-shop