Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paducah 2015 >

Paducah 2015

Paducah 2015

Old 04-17-2015, 07:04 PM

Well....I suppose I'm in the corn fed category, but not from Iowa. I can lower the average age by a few years. Thanks for the smiles.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:31 AM

My cousin and I are going for the first time. We're just a couple more of those corn fed Iowa girls, however, the age is way off.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:55 AM

I go & stay at a B&B. The Chamber of Commerce has names of B&Bs that you can stay at and a lot of times you can get in when you can't get a hotel or motel but if you want to go back to the same place the following year you have to make your reservations almost a year In advance. It's a great way to get to know other quilters from all over the country. you meet such interesting people.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:19 PM

If you are looking for someplace unique to stay, try the Kentucky Dam Marina...they rent houseboats (fully furnished)

The hurt books are in the Finkel's building (an old department store)and the books aren't very hurt at all...and there are lots of them. On 3rd street near the Carson Center.

The fabric sale across from the Museum is the Murray Sewing Center (nice shop in Murray, KY, by the way) $5 fabric...tons of it.

Eleanor Burns has several shops in town and lots of fabric and a great show.

Hancocks is ....well....Hancocks

There are free trolly busses that run different routes all day long just for quilters. They will make stops at the Museum, Hancocks, the Show, Eleanor's, the Mall and the Cherry Civic Center (antique quilts and more vendors) You can even park out at Hancocks and ride the trolly downtown and not have to deal with parking.

Stop in at the YoYo ladies tables in the entrance hall of the Show (my mom is YoYo) they can point out all sorts of things to do.

If you get lost or need help...just ask...the folks in Paducah are happy to help.
Attached Thumbnails 53da1e.jpg  
Old 04-22-2015, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by melodyr View Post
If you are looking for someplace unique to stay, try the Kentucky Dam Marina...they rent houseboats (fully furnished)

The hurt books are in the Finkel's building (an old department store)and the books aren't very hurt at all...and there are lots of them. On 3rd street near the Carson Center.

The fabric sale across from the Museum is the Murray Sewing Center (nice shop in Murray, KY, by the way) $5 fabric...tons of it.

Eleanor Burns has several shops in town and lots of fabric and a great show.

Hancocks is ....well....Hancocks

There are free trolly busses that run different routes all day long just for quilters. They will make stops at the Museum, Hancocks, the Show, Eleanor's, the Mall and the Cherry Civic Center (antique quilts and more vendors) You can even park out at Hancocks and ride the trolly downtown and not have to deal with parking.

Stop in at the YoYo ladies tables in the entrance hall of the Show (my mom is YoYo) they can point out all sorts of things to do.

If you get lost or need help...just ask...the folks in Paducah are happy to help.

How long is the trolley ride from the show to Hancocks.....on average.?
Old 04-22-2015, 06:16 PM

How long is the trolley ride from the show to Hancocks.....on average.?

It shouldn't be too long unless it has lots of other stops in between - I think it is actually on the same road but it another part of the city.

My DH and I are leaving for Paducah in the morning - he had a Dr. appointment late this afternoon so we will be missing one day - so sad. My DD (lives in Paducah) just called and we have a reservation at Patti's 1880's Settlement (restaurant) for tomorrow night. WWWWOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOO - they have the best food we have ever had.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:31 AM

Here's the trolley route and the link also has the regular Paducah bus and cab information. I'm not sure how long the route from Hancocks to the convention center takes...I would guess 30 to 4 minutes...they make stops at the Cherry Center and other places too. http://www.paducah.travel/includes/c...outes-2015.pdf
Old 04-23-2015, 04:32 AM

I'm headed to Paducah in about an hour!
Old 04-23-2015, 04:38 AM

The weather is supposed to be unsettled for Friday Night and Saturday...if you do Facebook, follow our local weather guru. He gives us real-time info and is waaay more accurate than the other guys. https://www.facebook.com/beaudodsonweather?fref=nf
Old 04-23-2015, 06:04 AM

Sounds fun!