Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paducah....FIRST TIME GOING >

Paducah....FIRST TIME GOING

Paducah....FIRST TIME GOING

Old 01-29-2010, 05:11 AM

You are gonna love it! The quilts are fantastic and the booths are great! I spent $600 on fabric alone at Hancocks of Paducah. I believe they had a sale that Saturday and Sunday. We stayed at a State Park Resort, really nice and not too far away. Lucky girl, wish I was going this year! Have fun!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:16 AM

The best thing to remember is to have FUN, keep a good attitude and be prepared to say excuse me about every 15 seconds. For the most part everyone is courteous. There are chairs here and there but there is always the floor. They do have food vendors outside the convention center, but who wants to spend their money on food when you can smuggle crackers and candy bars.

Staying at the Comfort Inn in Benton (Draffenville, Ky), you will be real close to a Dominoes Pizza, Subway, Arby's, Hardees, Ponderosa and Dairy Queen. It is right off the Purchase Parkway, which joins I-24 and takes you right to Paducah (Exit 4)(Hancock's Fabrics).
Old 01-29-2010, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by rexie
The best thing to remember is to have FUN, keep a good attitude and be prepared to say excuse me about every 15 seconds. For the most part everyone is courteous. There are chairs here and there but there is always the floor. They do have food vendors outside the convention center, but who wants to spend their money on food when you can smuggle crackers and candy bars.
Smuggle smuggle smuggle! that's why I have a BIG coach bag. The little one is for my phone money etc. but the big one is for water snacks and tums. :) Sometimes I embarras my hubby but funny, I always have what he needs!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:29 AM

this weekend, I am going to break the news to Chuck and tell him all about "My Paducah Trip".....since I am new to quilting and he does not understand it, this is going to be a very very long weekend.
If he does not agree...I am still going....AND I CAN NOT WAIT!

I am sure I will be a kid in a candy store, I am getting so excited just writing this note....I am doing the Paducah Dance!!!!

Staying at the Comfort Inn in Benton (Draffenville, Ky), you will be real close to a Dominoes Pizza, Subway, Arby's, Hardees, Ponderosa and Dairy Queen. It is right off the Purchase Parkway, which joins I-24 and takes you right to Paducah (Exit 4)(Hancock's Fabrics).
Old 01-29-2010, 12:51 PM

I live about 30 minutes from Paducah. I might find you a Bed and Breakfast or a room if you are still interested.
Boy you sure are a lucky one living so close.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

Darlene...this should be an interesting weekend then...but I'm sure he goes to things he likes...so....alls fair, right???

My DH likes my quilting...of course he has to since I drag him everywhere. :wink:
Old 01-29-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Darlene...this should be an interesting weekend then...but I'm sure he goes to things he likes...so....alls fair, right???

Sadly he is a super nerd and a hermit....enough said.

But I am not! I am an artist ha ha ha....
the best "crazy quilter blocker" in the world....yet to put them together....but the blocks sure are lovely and cute!

My DH likes my quilting...of course he has to since I drag him everywhere. :wink:
Old 01-29-2010, 05:09 PM

Be sure to check out the flood wall, it's next to the quilt museum. It tells the history of paducah.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

Awww Darlene...I bet he is a really cute and sweet super nerd though :wink: :lol:
Old 01-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Power Poster

I've never been and I want to go sooooo bad. Tell me all about it.