Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paducah....FIRST TIME GOING >

Paducah....FIRST TIME GOING

Paducah....FIRST TIME GOING

Old 01-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

The food sold outside the center is fantastic! In the back (everytime I've gone) there are picnic tables set up around a barbecue seller That's where most of the quilt vendors and well known quilters from the show will catch a quick meal. No tables at the front food vendors.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:00 PM

ok, now that I read all the post on the big "shoe", when is it???? I would love to go, I live in Illinois and could drive to Benton or Marion to get a room and on! If I can get it to work with my schedule and wallet! Oh forget the wallet!
Old 01-30-2010, 03:01 PM

Ok, found the dates, it may be just doable!
Old 01-30-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The food sold outside the center is fantastic! In the back (everytime I've gone) there are picnic tables set up around a barbecue seller That's where most of the quilt vendors and well known quilters from the show will catch a quick meal. No tables at the front food vendors.
My friend & I have a "tradition" that we go outside to eat BAR-BE-CUE!!! OMG -- it's just great!! And, of course, you have to stand in line. But last year, Ricky Timms was standing in front of me so it wasn't such a bad wait..... :lol: :lol:
Old 01-30-2010, 05:37 PM

Thanks for the tips on the water and crackers and candy bars. Did not think of that. I am staying at Moors Resort in Gilbertsville, Ky. Can't wait.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:10 PM

I used to work at Moors Resort in another life. They have really done some major remodeling over there.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Actually, last year, they had lots of tables in the front area. It was under the building, behind the food vendors. It was in the shade and they had lots and lots of tables. Look for it. Last year was the first year that they did it. It made me think of a parking area.

Since they didn't have the basement area last year, I didn't know that they had food vendors in the back. Hmmm, guess I missed it.

Save room for the strawberries and ice cream the Scouts sell. Yum.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:28 AM

Rexie-from their website, looks like they are adding 2 new cottages for this summer. They seem to be very thoughtful over the phone; hope all goes well. Looks like a nice place.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:38 AM

I worked in the restaurant. Made good money, but now too old. Their restaurant prices are kind of high from what I've heard, so you may want to eat before you get there.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:49 AM

I just made my reservation--I'm staying at KY Dam Village and I get a government discount since I'm a state employee! Now to just convince my boss not to schedule a board meeting that Saturday (which he usually does!) I think I'll tell him this year I'm going one way or the other. He does interfere with my plans at times!