Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: paint in sewing room

Mine is a granny smith apple green and I love it! It's so cheery and energizing.
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

Blog Entries
    MIne is a soft yellow gold with red and light green and red cabinets

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppa View Post
    MIne is a soft yellow gold with red and light green and red cabinets
    pix please!

I personally think it depends on the lighting in your room. White or off-white are my choices. I have full spectrum (daylight) lighting in my sewing room and I wanted to paint my walls a soft yellow, but it would alter my perception of the true fabric colors so i opted to stay with white.
    Who needs therapy? I quilt!

Blog Entries
    I'm in agreement with Prims99's post.
    Mavis

mine is a soft gold/yellow with white trim-I like it but then my whole house is soft colours-a foggy blue in the bath, a sea foam is in the sun room and one wall of the living room-I like soft colours-that being said-go with what you like. My BFF has hers a lilac-works for her!

it should be what you like ,because you are the one that will spend many hours in there , i had mine all white at one time because i thought that was the better of the choice but i found i got bored with it so i painted it my favorite color of sage green , it has a warm comfy color to it for me and now i spend more time in my room

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    I say whatever color makes you smile! I'm pretty timid with color, but I went with my heart in my sewing room. I posted pictures recently: http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission...r-t184238.html
    aka Chicken McLittle

If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

Mine is a soft, soft green but yellow sure seems popular on this board. Go with what you like!

Mine is a really soft pale green - I love how soothing it is.

I looked through all the pictures of sewing rooms here and picked one I love from that...but I have a few months to decide put a bit up on the wall to see if it is true before painting the whole room!

For me, anything but yellow! I like an off-white with pink undertones as well. Just not too bright or too loud or too dark.

I'm a commercial artist and when working with color the walls and ceiling should be white - as well as your table and clothing. Any surrounding color will reflect on your project and disrupt the integrity of how color is viewed.

Almost my whole house has grey walls and my sewing room is actually a guest room. I picked a pretty shade of yellow with white trim. I love being in there. It is a happy room.

WOW started this post, then went to visit my parents for Easter. Came back to 38 replies. Got a lot of great ideas from everyone. My favorite color is yellow. Do not know what I am going to do yet. I have a week to decide. Hmmm thank you everyone!!!!

I painted mine witha soft off white with a very slight "pinky" touch to it. Pink is a very settling color and they even use it now in hospitals and prisons and nursinghomes. It's a soothing and easing color...rather than the greens that they used to use all the time. My sewing room is wainscoated with bead board and it's done in about 2 shades darker than the walls and the trim is stained in fruitwood. To me, this is all very complimentary to each other and is pleasing to me and makes for a good work environment. The upper walls are filled with shelves, painter the doft white of the upper walls and I have my fabrics wrapped on display boards on one wall of shelves, most the rest of the fabrics are in clear plastic storage boxes and stacked on shelves, along with boxes of buttons and batting and felt and yarn and etc. Thai all works for me!
    Good luck with your room!
    Those who are piecemakers will sew seeds.

Hugs,
    Drue

Three of the walls are Benjamin Moore's "iron gate" which is a gray. The contrasting wall is BM "peony" which is a rather bright pink. I have black and white valances on the windows. I love it I'd say paint it a happy color and one that you like. My cabinets are white.

Mine is a light light gold. I went with that color because I saw it on a friend's wall & fell in love with it. Choose what makes YOU happy.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Blog Entries
    My sewing room is on the north side of the house, so yellow helps to make it cheery (with all my sewing clutter!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by pioneerlady View Post
    Yellow is a good color for your sewing room, it's a good color for energy and creativity.

I have been giving this some serious thought as I have been considering changing the color of my room from plain white to something more interesting. I do like the suggestions of yellow so I'm thinking base boards, doors, and inside closet in yellow. But I want the rest of my room's wall to be a pale peach. My room is small so I need something pastel to not be overwhelmed by too much color.

I love yellow. Please don't paint it off-white ! Paint it the color that sings to you. It's wonderful being in a room that is a lovely color that you love.

I have bright yellow, and love it, love it. I get so many comments on it. Mosly positive but definatley makes a statment
    Jo

Dee
    Mine is white. Color can take the fabric real color to a different color hue. Just my opinion.

I agree with the soft white. You don't need anything to clash with whatever colors you are using at the moment. You could hang wall hangings if you want some color.

Quote Originally Posted by KayS View Post
    Three of the walls are Benjamin Moore's "iron gate" which is a gray. The contrasting wall is BM "peony" which is a rather bright pink. I have black and white valances on the windows. I love it I'd say paint it a happy color and one that you like. My cabinets are white.
    Oooo, Kay, I would love to see photos of your room, it sounds heavenly! I'm finishing drywall in my quilting room this week, and I need ideas!
    https://quiltdasher.blogspot.com

I like to make lists. I also like to leave them laying on my sewing table and then guess what's on the list while at the fabric store. Fun game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast