Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: paint in sewing room

My studio walls are painted a sea blue color, very tranquil. Its my favorite color.

Definitely yellow! I have found it to be like the sun shining through in a sewing room, and therefore better light for sewing. Even a soft buttercup yellow works.

Painting in sewing room

Quote Originally Posted by Susanna10 View Post
    I am getting a new ceiling in my sewing/quilting room. While most of the stuff is out of the room, my husband and son-in-law are going to paint the walls and put new floor down. What is a good color for walls? I am thinking just off white.
    My daughter and I decided on banana cream pie which is a soft, yellow color and we loved it! Whatever makes you happy is the answer!

The color of my sewing room is called Morning Sunshine. It is a pale yellow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoventryUK View Post
    Mine is a soft yellow. It gets quite a lot of sun and also has a large window! Just go with a colour YOU are happy working in!!
    Mine is a soft yellow, also, and I love it. The soft yellow I chose actually had more reflective quality than white! It was Behr paint, in Havarda Cream.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

I have a Benny Moore historic colour called Abbington Putty - yellowish and very soft. I like it

I painted my ceiling in my quilt room white and my walls are the SAME color as muslin - a custom neutral color of quilters....everything looks great against that color!
    Kim ~ Cheyenne, WY
    "If you have one eye on yesterday, and one eye on tomorrow, you’re going to be cockeyed today."
    Sunflower Antics

Blog Entries
    It depends on you. Are your favorite colors in the warm range yellows, orange, peach or are the in the cool range, blues, greys, purples, lilac? I find the new greyed out tones are so inviting and refreshing. Everything seems to stand out better and quilts look so nice against it. Mine is a greyed out pale blue and I have never been a "blue" person but I really love this color.

My room is bright pink! I love going in there, so cheerful! Love it!

I like Prism's idea. I have done the same thing, and I love it!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Quote Originally Posted by pioneerlady View Post
    Yellow is a good color for your sewing room, it's a good color for energy and creativity.
    Mine was yellow as well. It was so cheerful. the room I quilt in now is a guest room and it's sandstone. Not nearly as cheerful.

While I realize that painted walls reflect light onto my fabric that can alter my perception of the color, I really don't like white walls! So my walls are a pale blue. I love the beach theme.

Mine is light yellow with bright white trim, I love it. It used to be red, but that became over bearing. It is bright and cheery.

Mine is a loverly yellow called Funshine - I found it in the 'kids paint' section of my local big box. It makes me smile, both the color and the name! I agree with previous posters, go with what makes you happy!

Mine is pale yellow with white trim and oak floors. Very bright and cheerful. Of course, I love to spend time in there! LOL
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

I painted mine a bright turqoise color ..not something I would normally use but since it my "fun room " i wanted to do something off the wall and fun. We live in Ca but just bought a house in Az we are redoing, it a work in progress since we only go every few mths but its getting there. I have taken one of my embroidery & one of my sewing machines and lots of supplies to keep me happy while we are there. Still trying to figure out how to set it up. Wanted to attach pic but couldn't figure out how. sorry

I would go with what ever color you like but very soft. Make it a room you want to go in.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Paint it whatever color makes you happy. When I first did my sewing room, I did a light sage green - I was going for calm, serenity, etc. Last summer I repainted the room yellow - not too bright, but not a pastel either. I was going for something a little more cheerful and fun. Whatever color you decide, I am sure will bring you happiness.

Light blue makes for a true color background. Seems to bring out the natural (true) colors of fabrics.

Soft white sounds very peaceful, but I guess it depends on how you live with colour. My sewing room is mauve. My DDs claim purple stimulates creativity.

GRAY is the best, everything goes with it and the colors you are working with are not influence by the color on the walls. My sewing room is gray and all the cabinets are white.
    Vickie 1976
    The Lord blesses the hands that create.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3