Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pam Bono Patterns >

Pam Bono Patterns

Pam Bono Patterns

Old 01-12-2013, 07:07 AM

If you're interested in Pam Bono patterns, she has a book, Big Book of Rotary Patterns (?). It's out of print now. She had a few copies for $26 but Edward R Hamilton, Booksellers has copies for $7. I bought one and it has beautiful patterns, all labeled as to difficulty. I made a quilt and wall hanging for a baby and it turned out beautifully. The first part of the book describes how to make her patterns. She did have a free DVD on her site on her methods. She also had tutorials there. The quilts aren't that hard. You just have to follow the directions to the letter and cut accurately. I used a ruler on each line and checked off each instruction and cutting direction. Also use baggies to hold the cut pieces and mark the baggies. She does list the patterns on her site by level of difficulty. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Janette View Post
If you're interested in Pam Bono patterns, she has a book, Big Book of Rotary Patterns (?). It's out of print now. She had a few copies for $26 but Edward R Hamilton, Booksellers has copies for $7. I bought one and it has beautiful patterns, all labeled as to difficulty. I made a quilt and wall hanging for a baby and it turned out beautifully. The first part of the book describes how to make her patterns. She did have a free DVD on her site on her methods. She also had tutorials there. The quilts aren't that hard. You just have to follow the directions to the letter and cut accurately. I used a ruler on each line and checked off each instruction and cutting direction. Also use baggies to hold the cut pieces and mark the baggies. She does list the patterns on her site by level of difficulty. Good luck.
Aw heck! I tried to order one but I don't have a credit card and they don't do paypal. I'll have to look on e-bay. Maybe someone has one to sell! Crossing fingers!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

You can get the pre loaded credit cards at Walmart or Target. They are great to use online. I am a member of Pam's Club. I haven't had any problems with her patterns so far.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:40 PM

I did her flying geese pattern...The piecing wasn't hard, but it was all very detailed, and I needed to lay the whole thing out on a bed before I was able to put it together. Definitely not the kind of pattern you would want to do if you were in a hurry!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 AM

You know this is a great idea, even if you have credit cards ... sounds much safer to put out there on the internet when ordering items.. you can designate them for your quilting budget too.
Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
You can get the pre loaded credit cards at Walmart or Target. They are great to use online. I am a member of Pam's Club. I haven't had any problems with her patterns so far.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

I agree the patterns are easy to sew but the cutting and organizing is tedious. And the angler II is way outdated. There is a new one that clings to the bed of the machine and is much better, no taping and it doesn't move. It's called Clearly Perfect Angles. I won one in a blog giveaway and I keep it on the machine for regular sewing most of the time. It hasn't slipped once. Just lift it off and put it back on when you want it. A rinse under water and it revives itself.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
Aw heck! I tried to order one but I don't have a credit card and they don't do paypal. I'll have to look on e-bay. Maybe someone has one to sell! Crossing fingers!
The book is available all over used cheap. Just google Big Book of Rotary Patterns Pam Bono and tons of sites will come up.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
Has anyone here made a quilt designed by Pam Bono? I friend sent me a pattern of her's that is out of this world gorgeous. But, it looks so hard. I'm not sure if it is within my realm of expertise. So, I was just wondering if anyone on the board had attempted one of her quilts. And, if so, just how hard was it to make?
I made one of her designs called Baby Bunnies Crib Set out of the book Quick Rotary Cutter Quilts. It turned out beautiful and I actually made a second one too. The title of the book is mis- leading. They are not quick but her directions are very clear and the pattern I used was pretty easy but time consuming. As others have said, be sure to label all the pieces, and I used the plastic bags you get your prescriptions in at the drugstore for the pieces.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:24 PM

I bought the Big Book of Rotary Patterns on e-bay. Can't wait to see it. But, the one I want to make was sent to me by a friend. It looks daunting. But, I'm going to give it good try anyway. Thanks for all the helpful advice and pointers.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:51 AM

I have done the quilt OUT OF THE DARKNESS one with dark background and one with a white background...was difficult but class was taught by a great teacher...I am now working on the COLORADO WEDDING quilt and having a lot of problems with getting seams to match...almost going to call it quits except there is a lot of money invested in the fabric.Has anyone else made this quilt???Advise welcomed!