Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Patrice, are you there? >

Patrice, are you there?

Patrice, are you there?

Old 07-01-2007, 04:36 PM

Do it.........whatever way you think is best......your patterns are unique and your color selection is striking :)
Old 07-01-2007, 05:03 PM

Just had to put in my two cents worth and say . . . "DITTO!"
Old 07-01-2007, 08:42 PM

patrice, go for it you only live once, enjoy the ride. you can do it.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:19 AM
Administrator

morale support doesn't go into the "just" column. that's listed #1 in the "Yippee!!! Yahoo!!!" and "Couldn't Do This Without It" columns. :P

my biggest problem has been that i keep wandering off in tangents. i'll be almost to the point at which i can "package" one for presentation when somebody will say something that gives me an idea. then off i go in that direction to get it into the computer before i lose it. the patterns are turning into a herd of virtual PIGs and UFOs.

i'm looking for volunteers to test my patterns. all skill levels - but especially folks who consider themselves beginners. nothing irritates me more than a pattern that claims to be ideal for beginners that turns out to be a nightmare for experts.

i can't offer to pay money unless (i guess i should think more positively and say "until") i start making enough to share the wealth. the current offer is a free copy of all versions of the final pattern and full credit to the testers mentioned in the booklets. if you create one or more unique layouts different to the ones in the test pattern, i'll list you as holder of the copyright to those layouts. you can either use your own fabrics and color schemes or ask me to send what you need to make the top as i've colored it. whatever you make is - of course - yours to do keep, give, donate or sell. i'd just need an honest review of how easy or difficult the pattern was to follow and at least one good photo of the completed top or final quilt.

anybody interested?
Old 07-02-2007, 03:33 AM

just call my naaaame, I'll be thereeee.
can't ya just hear me singing?lol
Old 07-02-2007, 03:45 AM
Suz

Patrice,

I don't consider myself a beginner, but am a very critical reader of instructions. (Keeping it simple for 4Hers and making sure the latest techniques are used.) I'd be willing to test for you and read. Surely there is somethings in my stash to use. Just give the word. I am sure you will find a selection of names from which to choose your testers.

When God plants a seed, it doesn't die, and it just grows and grows, He is in it with you. He is your source. He is the source of your talent and creativity. Run with it, girl, run!! You cannot out run Him.

Blessings, Suzanne
Old 07-02-2007, 04:49 AM

I'm in for beginers if you need me. Anything I can do to help you get going. No need to pay me.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:21 AM

The brass ring is within reach. Go for it, Patrice!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:57 AM

patrice, FOCUS you can do this. it'll be worth the prize in the end. just to be able to say you did it. would be so worth it.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:59 AM

Patrice said:
i'm looking for volunteers to test my patterns. all skill levels - but especially folks who consider themselves beginners. nothing irritates me more than a pattern that claims to be ideal for beginners that turns out to be a nightmare for experts.

And I said, "Count me in!" I'm not a beginner, but I am good at proof-reading, and finding things that can be confusing. If it's going to be a nightmare, it will find me! :shock:

Yes, yes, we knew you 'when'! :D

sue