Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pay It Forward!! >

Pay It Forward!!

Pay It Forward!!

Old 04-15-2010, 08:41 AM

Early on in my marriage, we were young and poor and my car broke down...a friend paid to have my car fixed and would not take money from me. When my sister, a few years later had a small child and was having money problems, my husband and I put money in an envelope, explaining that it wasn't a loan...to just pass the thought on when she could....my sister is the greatest proponent of it and regularly just sends sums of money off to her nieces and nephews when she sees that they need it.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:14 AM

Cashnquilt-what a beautiful thing you did for that woman. She will never forget your kindness and you will never forget her gratitude and her accomplishments. You are one of the Angels here.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:46 AM

i am really enjoying reading everyone's stories!! big or small they are wonderful acts of kindness!! it is so great that there are so many awesome people out in this world doing things for others everyday!!
keep the inspirational stories coming!!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:25 AM

Last year at Christmas I was layed off and broke, trying to get gifts for my Grand kids. The lady ahead of me in line was 13.00 short for her order and was telling the clerk she would have to not get those 2 gifts for her children, I paid for it for her and Told her to pass it on someday! The funnist thing one day a little boy came up to me in Dollar tree and asked if I could give him 50C for a chicken for his mom (I thought a little ceramic chicken OK) I think for mothers day I gave him a dollar and he was all excited His big brother came along and said to him "Mom's gonna kill you when you bring that baby chick home" They were selling lice baby chicks next door at Tractor Supply for $1.00 each!! Gotta love that kid!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:44 AM

I try to do for others as often as I can, and really never expect anything in return, so was very surprised last week when DH and I were at lunch at a local restaurant. As we were almost ready to leave, the waitress stopped at out table and said our lunch had been paid for. She said 3 other tables had also been paid for by the same person. All the people at the "paid for" tables were eldery or somewhat handicapped. I have MS and have a hard time walking. One lady was on oxygen...etc. I have no idea who the person was who paid for our lunch. The waitress said she was from out of town. I asked if she used a check so I could get a name to send a thankyou. She said she had paid in cash. So a big thank you to who ever you are. I am sure she is earning her gold star, and there will be a special place in heaven for the likes of her.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:08 PM

humbird---just remember to "pay it forward" sometime!!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:20 PM

I had no idea that there was a movie. Pay It Forward has been around here for quite a while. One of the local radio stations got it started & it goes great for a while & then kind of dies down & then it will take off again. I love all of the new ideas for paying it forward. God Bless each & every one of you for all the good that's being done. Laura
Old 04-15-2010, 12:30 PM

Good For You Crafts by Robin!!!! I'm sure it was hard for you but you kept on. Way to Go!!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:34 PM

I have a couple of Pay it Forward stories:

#1 - My best friend taught me to quilt. Right after I learned, by DH and I went to his family's reunion. While there, they brought out the last of the belongings of one of the aunts that had passed away 2 years before. It was a "last call" before the rest went to charity. In there were some boxes of fabric pieces..she was a quilter. Her daughters had already taken what they wanted, and offered these to me. I was so thrilled!! Since then I have used several pieces of Josie's fabric in quilts for charity, and I have taught others to quilt and donated their quilts to a pediatric hospice.

#2 - On my drive to work, I sometimes see the same woman walking to the bus stop, which is several blocks from where I see her. One morning it was pouring down rain, and she was holding a piece of newspaper over head, getting very soaked. I pulled over and gave her my umbrella, which had been a sort of gift to me, thinking, good one...now what are you going to do? Guess what...when I pulled into the parking lot space, it stopped raining!! :thumbup: ;) :D
Old 04-15-2010, 02:26 PM

Wonderful Stories everyone! You never know what battle people are fighting and your smile or kind word/deed might just make everything better.