Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: PBS quilting shows -Detroit area

I just surfed the Dishnetwork tv guide and noticed that Quilt in a Day is on at 5:30 tomorrow morning followed by Fons&Porter at 6:00am. Not exactly good timing, but at least we have quilting shows!

Blog Entries
    In Louisiana F&P come on at 7:30 tomorrow Morning:)

holy cow, wheres the dvr remote. I have been looking for quilting shows in detroit for quite a while.

dvr all set, its going to be a good morning... cup of coffee, DH working, kids sleeping in. I'm gitty

Awwww no quilt shows up here...dang!!! Lucky guys!! Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    I set my alarm to watch the shows in those time slots. We subscribed to the Detroit sattelite feed just for those shows. I find the shows vary, sometimes it is Sewing With Nancy or Quilt in a Day. Either way, it's a good way to start Saturday!

I have Comcast in the AnnArbor area. I get F&P at 6 on Sat. and also 2:30pm and 1:30pm on Monday. (I receive 3 PBS stations). Can't find Quilt in a Day anywhere!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greencat
    I have Comcast in the AnnArbor area. I get F&P at 6 on Sat. and also 2:30pm and 1:30pm on Monday. (I receive 3 PBS stations). Can't find Quilt in a Day anywhere!
    I managed to record a couple of Quilt in a Day shows and my DVR was set up to record the series. Well, the guide said it was Quilt in a Day, but the REAL show was Quilting Arts!!! ARGH!!!! I guess they had replaced it with QA!! The DVR is still set to record the one I want, but I should check to see if it will. I do a search periodically for quilting shows and set my DVR when I locate them. Fons & Porter is on a couple of different channels. One I can set as a series recording, but the other one has to be set up individually. It's a pain in the behind to always have to set it up, but I like to watch the show. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by mimom
    holy cow, wheres the dvr remote. I have been looking for quilting shows in detroit for quite a while.
    Me, too! What's the deal?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pab58
    Quote Originally Posted by greencat
    I managed to record a couple of Quilt in a Day shows and my DVR was set up to record the series. Well, the guide said it was Quilt in a Day, but the REAL show was Quilting Arts!!! ARGH!!!! I guess they had replaced it with QA!! The DVR is still set to record the one I want, but I should check to see if it will. I do a search periodically for quilting shows and set my DVR when I locate them. Fons & Porter is on a couple of different channels. One I can set as a series recording, but the other one has to be set up individually. It's a pain in the behind to always have to set it up, but I like to watch the show. :wink:
    Get a load of this: Quilt in a Day did record this morning, but the listing reads: "Quilting Arts"!! What's up with Brighthouse??!! :roll: When I saw the listing, I almost deleted it, but then decided to see if I was interested in watching it. Sometimes they have segments on it that I can relate to since I'm not an art quilter. Well, I'm certainly glad I did check it out!!! I knew right away that it WASN'T Quilting Arts but Quilt in a Day!! I wish they would get this straightened out! It's driving me buggy!!!! :shock:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fixfido
    Quote Originally Posted by mimom
    Me, too! What's the deal?
    There are two Fons and Porter listings (on different channels), Sewing with Nancy (think she's on two different channels, too), Quilting Arts, Martha's Sewing Room, and Lapquilting with Georgia Bonesteel. For some of them I can set the DVR to record the series, but on a couple I have to set them to record on an individual basis. If you like to crochet and knit, there are a couple of shows for that, too. I find the listings by doing a "keyword" search. I use the word "quilt." If you have trouble finding them and you live near me and have Brighthouse, PM me and I can give you the channel numbers. ;)

I"ll have to keep an eye out for Quilt in a Day. I miss seeing that show.

Blog Entries
    Linda McPhee, Sewing with Nancy are two more that also have quilting segments :D:D:D