Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Penny Halgren - AHHHHHHHHH! >

Penny Halgren - AHHHHHHHHH!

Penny Halgren - AHHHHHHHHH!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I just posted the warning on my facebook.
Well done! Thank you, madamekelly
Old 08-30-2011, 10:17 PM

add my name to the list! she has quite a sales machine going.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:50 PM

same thing happended to me ,now it will be coming in your mail with pieces of puzzle,s asking if something is puzzleing you
Old 08-31-2011, 03:27 AM

Same happened to me, not much information I could use,, and she would go on and on with her letters and always selling what you though might be a free tip. I unsubscribed OK.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:10 AM
Banned

Yes and Im tired of it!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:54 AM

Exactly. Who is she anyway? She doesn't seem to be mentioned by other quilters. Can't say I've seen her as a guest on The Quilt Show!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 AM

I realized that I was no longer getting her emails. Gee, did I unsub at some point? So now I re-subscribed. And those 3-5 emails per day were making me wonder. We'll see how long I can take it this time! :lol:

I do like her monthly freebies though.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by kayahr
Exactly. Who is she anyway? She doesn't seem to be mentioned by other quilters. Can't say I've seen her as a guest on The Quilt Show!
She's probably a sales rep who heard the word 'quilt', and thought "Gee I can use that, to build mailing lists and sell them!" *$%*^%#@%&!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:28 PM

Some email services have a way to block emails from people you don't want in your box. You might check that out.
Lynda

Originally Posted by mac
I first heard about Penny Halgren’s website from our message board here. I checked out her site and thought that it would be helpful to sign up and find out lots of information about quilting. I quickly started receiving messages from her website. At first they were interesting tips about quilting, then the selling messages started coming and coming and coming. Then a new wave of emails came from other websites that are tied to her website started coming, too. I can’t remember the names of the sites, but they were rather numerous.

Some days I would get three and four messages from her and her posse. It started filling up my mail box because I didn’t have time to read them all. Sometimes the mail would have good tips and others would sound like she was going to give good tips but you would find out half way through her lengthy letter that she was selling the tips and instructions.

Finally, I unsubscribed to her emails. At first I heard nothing from her, then one day an email popped up from her and then another and another. I unsubscribed again and the same thing would happen a few months later. I tried calling them to ask them to take me off their list, but they ask you to leave a message, then you find out that their mailbox is too full to take a message. I’ve tried several different times and the voice mail box is always full. This will make the fourth time I have unsubscribed to her website.

Has anyone else had this problem? Did you get it resolved? If so, please let me know how you did it.

AND if you haven’t signed up for her website, please let this be a warning to all…

Thanks for your help and listening to me vent.
Mary Ann
Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 PM

Label it as "Junk Mail" and you will not get it again.