Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Penny Halgren - AHHHHHHHHH! >

Penny Halgren - AHHHHHHHHH!

Penny Halgren - AHHHHHHHHH!

Old 09-01-2011, 06:18 AM

guess I'm the only one that's not had that many e-mails per day from penny. I've learned right away to tell if she's selling something & just delete that message. others do really have some good tips. i'm just sayin'.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:01 PM

I have the same problem,
Old 09-02-2011, 04:07 PM

Same thing happened to me. Glad I was able to unsubscribe. Keep trying to unsubscribe at the bottom of her pages. It should work sooner or later.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the warning
Old 09-02-2011, 06:16 PM

i "attended" a webnar a few months back and she was introduced as a "7 figure earner" ....i really respect and appreciate follks who work hard and make money honestly,but not off of folks like us who trust and want information....i also spendt monies on two of her offers being very young in the quilting world, but not anymore and as all of you have expressed....it just is not fair.....BUT this is America(I think) so we have the right to delete or do away with her info....it is just great that many of us have had the experience with her e-mails and business tactics and can forewarn others.....
Old 09-03-2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
mark any messages that you don't want anymore as spam. The computer will automatically send them to the spam folder and delete them after a day or so. you won't see them in your inbox again!
Thank you so much for this info!!!!! I too got tangled up with Penny's stuff.....I bought so much stuff and I don't even use it :( I somehow signed up for her books about an online business..I got the first 2 before I had the brains to stop it on my Mastercard, so now I am the "POOR owner of 2 books at 169.00 per session and haven't even opened them :(
Old 09-03-2011, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by luvspaper
I didn't know who she was so I googled her. What's interesting is that she has a whole website devoted to an "online business success system" where she talks about using online/email to grow your business. She is now selling her expertise on internet marketing to others......for only 3 payments of $167!
I did it for 2 of them :( I got noo idea how I was so stupid, since I don't have nor ever have had plans to do that.....GOD I HATE MYSELF MOST DAYS!!!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 01:37 PM
mac

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
Originally Posted by luvspaper
I didn't know who she was so I googled her. What's interesting is that she has a whole website devoted to an "online business success system" where she talks about using online/email to grow your business. She is now selling her expertise on internet marketing to others......for only 3 payments of $167!
I did it for 2 of them :( I got noo idea how I was so stupid, since I don't have nor ever have had plans to do that.....GOD I HATE MYSELF MOST DAYS!!!!!
Don't beat yourself up. I'm sure that there are many of us that bought things from her before we realized what we were getting into. Besides, there are enough people around that can make our lives miserable - we don't need to give ourselves more misery. We need to be nice to ourselves and treat ourselves with dignity. We forgive ourselves, learn from our mistakes and then move on.

By the way, if you haven't already opened the packages, can't you mark them "RETURN TO SENDER" and then when they receive them don't they have to return your money? :) Wouldn't hurt to try.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:29 PM

One time we bought a set of music CDs from TimeLife. Then, after awhile we UNsubscribed.. again, and again, and again.

Finally I just kept marking it SPAM and now my gmail account throws it into my SPAM folder. We don't get as many from them anymore but they still do show up in my spam folder.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by kayahr
I realized that I was no longer getting her emails. Gee, did I unsub at some point? So now I re-subscribed. And those 3-5 emails per day were making me wonder. We'll see how long I can take it this time! :lol:

I do like her monthly freebies though.
Responding to myself!! I found her emails. I not only have an Outlook Junk Mail folder, but I also have an McAfee SPAM folder. Didn't even think about that McAfee folder -- there were close to 300 emails from her in there since January.