Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Petition WalMart >

Petition WalMart

Petition WalMart

Old 11-08-2010, 08:43 AM

I went to Walmart for some groceries this am and needed some fusable pellon. I couldn't believe how much more fabric they had, especially fleece. But I also saw some nice Springy looking bolts still wrapped in saran or whatever. I really don't know where they are going to put it all.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
In Canon City,Walmart is takeing away alot of money from the smaller shops and there closing
That is why I do not care if Walmart has a fabric section. Walmart has made it too difficult for the smaller businesses to compete. Walmart will survive without a fabric department. There are online fabric stores with great prices and local smaller stores that I only support these days. And I do support JoAnn's since I don't wish to see it close because of Walmart. I understand that some of you live in areas where you only have a Walmart (and it is nice to see and feel the fabric). But, America needs the little guy too. So, that is why I will not support a petition like this. My support will be in helping America's smaller business thrive.
Sorry for my rant, but this is something that upsets me very much.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:56 AM
tmw

Originally Posted by QuiltQtrs
Am curious as to how many quilters use this Board, and how
we as a group can petition WalMart to please, please restore
a quality fabric department, with accessories.
It seems they are testing us as to how many will actually buy
what is currently being presented in the stores, and then maybe, maybe! they will once again have fabric we need and want.
my local walmart, in Benson az. has a fabric dept, and get in new stuff all the time, the trouble is you can't get anybody to help you. they call over the intercom for help and maybe a guy from hardward will come when and if he wants and he never knows what your talking about.!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:07 AM

We have one left with fabric. And when they do a remod in May of 2011 no fabric either. I won't shop there either.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:21 PM

Well, I signed the Petition .... and hope it gets their attention. ( Go "Norma Rae")
Am now considering totally discontinuing grocery shopping there .... Prices
seem to be creeping up in all areas, so might as well patronize the local
independent grocers and just be more selective in items I have
to buy.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by sewgull
We can also be heard by not purchasing anything from Wal-Mart. If the good fabric dept is removed from my local Wal-Mart than I will have no reason so spend my money at this store.
I am with you. I hate that store. They are changing everything to Great Value brand except the companies they are finishing out their contracts with. I like my local Food Lion and they have or can get all I need in groceries. I am as close to Hobby Lobby or Hancocks as I am to Walmart.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:25 PM

I called 1-800-walmart and told them I really miss the fabric since they relocated my local store in Oct. Gave my name and phone number and the whole process took about 10 minutes of my time. If no one out there wants fabric at their Walmart, you can give them my zip code (99163). We have two fabric stores for a population close to 30,000.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Connie in CO
In Canon City,Walmart is takeing away alot of money from the smaller shops and there closing
That is why I do not care if Walmart has a fabric section. Walmart has made it too difficult for the smaller businesses to compete. Walmart will survive without a fabric department. There are online fabric stores with great prices and local smaller stores that I only support these days. And I do support JoAnn's since I don't wish to see it close because of Walmart. I understand that some of you live in areas where you only have a Walmart (and it is nice to see and feel the fabric). But, America needs the little guy too. So, that is why I will not support a petition like this. My support will be in helping America's smaller business thrive.
Sorry for my rant, but this is something that upsets me very much.
I live in a large metropolitan area, we have 7 Walmarts and 8 LQS, so the LQS are winning.