Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff-obsessed, need advice on used models >

Pfaff-obsessed, need advice on used models

Pfaff-obsessed, need advice on used models

Old 01-07-2011, 08:50 PM

1222e, added to my shopping list.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:11 PM

I have the Pfaff 6120 and have been trying to find one on Ebay for a few years so that my daughters will have one. I've been using mine since early 90's. It has the built-in walking foot. This is the best machine I've ever used. I will never trade it in. The machine made now can't compare to what was made in the past... at least as far as quality. I think there's quite a few people out there that have the same opinion because when one shows up for auction, it sells. I bought mine for 900 dollars and it seems I'll have to spend about 700 for a used one. They sure held their value!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:03 PM

I have two 7570's. I love the one I've had for ten years and have never had any problems with it. I get it serviced annually because, for what it cost, a little preventive maintenance is worth it.

I recently bought another 7570 off ebay to take to class and workshops, and for friends to use when they quilt with me. I've had other second machines and have sold every one. Nothing compares with my 7570. It's a workhorse and a joy to use.

Pfaffs have been made in both Sweden and Germany. Later models were made somewhere else and weren't as good quality (or so I was told by a former Pfaff dealer). I was also advised to keep magnetic pin holders and other magnetic things away from the machine. It can affect the mother board.

I'd recommend you jump at the $750 for the 7570. If you don't want it, I'll take it!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:43 PM

I checked out Pfaffs on eBay today. Saw a Pfaff 262 just like mine, the one on the right in my Avatar ID picture. Since I have had mine since 1968 I know how I used it and how it got scratched. Well folks, this one on eBay looks like new for I can't see any scratches and the body is very clean. It is all metal and mine is still going strong. I will never ever sell it. I think the one on eBay is going for $350 if I remembr correctly.

I also saw my embroidery machine, Pfaff 2170 on eBay still brand new in the box. That is how I bought mine but from a Pfaff dealer in Louisiana. I tell you it is comforting to know that I was the one that took all that plastic wrap off from it and removed it from the styrofoam bracing that holds it securely in the box. Now I have had mine for 2 years now, but this one on eBay is $2000 less than I paid for mine.

Ever since this discussion has come up, I am wanting a Pfaff 7570 and that passion has been stirred up in me. I really don't need the embroidery unit, just the machine. I have just heard too many great things about it.

I am a member in the yahoo group Old Pfaffies, and besides the Pfaff 130, the Pfaff 1222 and 1222e is another raved about machine.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:50 AM

A friend of mine has the 7550. It is exactly like my 7570 except it has no embroidery capabilities. She would not part with hers either. The only problem I have had with my 7570 was with the bobbin winder. But a friend of mine GAVE me the machine and it hadn't been used for a long time so it just needed my repairmen to give her some TLC. She works her wonders on my quilting now!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:09 PM

I have the 7570, bought it in the 90's, use it all the time, never had it serviced, I just do it myself by keeping it clean and oiled. I have NEVER had a problem with it, I love it and am still able to get the embroidery cards used from eBay.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:20 PM

I have a Pfaff 7550 (made in Germany) that I got for Christmas in 1995. It runs beautifully. Every year I take it to the Pfaff dealer and he gives it a thorough cleaning. So far - no problems (knock on wood). Last year I got a Bernina Aurora 440 QE and I love it even more than the Pfaff. Now I take the Pfaff to classes and keep the Bernina at home. Love both those babies!!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:30 PM

Find a place where you can buy the motherboard for your machine and buy it. Then when yours goes out you will have one.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:31 AM

Well, friends, I'm very grateful for all the advice. I'm bidding on 1222Es on eBay but haven't got one yet. The 7570 I had originally posted about was sold back to the original owner, the mother of the woman who offered it for sale. The 75xx machines have been going for $500-1500 on eBay. A bit scary. Folks have been known to sell nonfunctioning machines on eBay, then blame shipping damage, and get the insurance to pay. Even if the buyer ends up w/ a refund, there's still the hassle and likely shippng costs. But guess what? Brubakers of PA, which has a good reputation, sells fully serviced machines with a one year warranty on eBay, and a 7510 is coming my way! These machines were beyond my budget in the 90's, but not now. I still want a 1222E and maybe a 1171, but so excited about this new baby. Thx esp to featherweight Beth for her encouragement to keep looking on eBay.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:32 AM

Keep us posted on how it all turns out. I want a 7570 PCD; I have a Mac.