Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff-obsessed, need advice on used models >

Pfaff-obsessed, need advice on used models

Pfaff-obsessed, need advice on used models

Old 01-07-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Maia B
Not that comfortable with eBay especially for those prices and items. Lots of reasons. But watching craigslist for local offerings.
Yes, A lot of people are not comfortable to shop Ebay. I have purchased many many items and haven't been burned yet. But, as they say there is always a first time. Good luck with your search..
Old 01-07-2011, 06:59 AM

I have a Pfaff 7550 and I have never had any problems with it. I bought it in 1996 and it's a work horse. I just have regular maintainence done on it and it's good to go.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:16 AM

Yeah, Pfaff 130 is on my list. Thinking that if I get one, it will attract other quality Pfaffs to me, sort of like featherweights seem to do. I did bid on a 7570 on eBay, that's how obsessed I am. Was outbid, but was relieved, because I was sick wondering....What if it's a scam? What if it arrives damaged or non-functioning? Full of smoke or pet hair? Etc... And people don't always pack machines properly. I think there are many more scams these days, as the economy pushes people to do things to get by. So I'm looking locally/regionally, at least for the higher priced one. I'll take a Pfaff 130 from anywhere :).
Old 01-07-2011, 07:19 AM

Yeah, Pfaff 130 is on my list. Thinking that if I get one, it will attract other quality Pfaffs to me, sort of like featherweights seem to do. I did bid on a 7570 on eBay, that's how obsessed I am. Was outbid, but was relieved, because I was sick wondering....What if it's a scam? What if it arrives damaged or non-functioning? Full of smoke or pet hair? Etc... And people don't always pack machines properly. I think there are many more scams these days, as the economy pushes people to do things to get by. So I'm looking locally/regionally, at least for the higher priced one. I'll take a Pfaff 130 from anywhere :).
You are pretty safe with Ebay. They have a very strict way of protecting the buyers. I have purchased 4 Embroidery machines and a couple of 99k's and several Featherweights. All were exactly like they advertized. But, everyone to his own.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:55 AM

Keep checking your surrounding cities Craigslists.

Thx for the tip abouts Roberts. The closer Pfaff dealer is where I got my Babylock and Brother machines, and while I'm happy with those machines, I can tell they are all about the sale. Not getting any more of my money. The 7570 slipped away, but I'm grateful for all this advice. Does anyone have German-made mechanical models with IDT to recommend? I'm pleased to know Pfaff is worthy of my obsession.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:47 PM

deleted by me
Old 01-07-2011, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
You are pretty safe with Ebay. They have a very strict way of protecting the buyers. I have purchased 4 Embroidery machines and a couple of 99k's and several Featherweights. All were exactly like they advertized. But, everyone to his own.
I purschased 2 new machines for DD and DDIL in about 2003 and 2 used Husky Varna White Sergers on ebay in 2009. No problems here.......I had excellent communications with sellers. The 2 new ones were packed in original boxes and the used ones, the sellers, packed with thick (2.5) insulation foam and big bubble wrap and paid close to $20. for shipping each. and as the previous comment, they have protection for buyers in any case. I've used them for a item purchased for a christmas gift in 2002 I had ordered in Oct of that year and never received and they followed through on everything they said they would and I know it's more strict now then it was then.

I have bought loads of quilt books and fabric and sewing machine accessories from ebay, and would do it again and again.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:57 PM

:( the 7570 I hunted ran back into the woods. The current owner's mom is buying it. Smart folks. I'm thinking of turning my search to an older mechanical Pfaff with IDT, preferably German-made. What models should I be looking for?
I have a 1222E that is about 30 yrs old? Not sure, I'm the 2nd owner. Its got the IDT, all mechanical and a ton of stitches and it sews wonderfully. I like it for quilting, has 8" of throat space.
Sharon W.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
:( the 7570 I hunted ran back into the woods. The current owner's mom is buying it. Smart folks. I'm thinking of turning my search to an older mechanical Pfaff with IDT, preferably German-made. What models should I be looking for?
I have a 1222E that is about 30 yrs old? Not sure, I'm the 2nd owner. Its got the IDT all mechanical and a ton of stitches and it sews wonderfully. I like it for quilting, has 8" of throat space.
Sharon W.

1222E is what I got for free on freecycle...made in Germany...it's a gem
Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
Originally Posted by purplefiend
I have a 1222E that is about 30 yrs old? Not sure, I'm the 2nd owner. Its got the IDT all mechanical and a ton of stitches and it sews wonderfully. I like it for quilting, has 8" of throat space.
Sharon W.

1222E is what I got for free on freecycle...made in Germany...it's a gem
Isn't a great machine?