Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff ? >

Pfaff ?

Pfaff ?

Old 07-15-2010, 02:30 AM

I have a Pfaff 2170 that I love but only use a fraction of what it can do. Sews like a charm.
I'd love to get a Creative Vision but can't right now.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
I have a Pfaff 2170 that I love but only use a fraction of what it can do. Sews like a charm.
I'd love to get a Creative Vision but can't right now.
I actually saved up and did buy a Creative [CV] but am paying it off on the no interest loan plan anyway. I only uise that machine at home at when I take a CV class. Otherwise, my old Pfaff is my 'traveling machine.' The Older Pfaff has the IDT but is not an embroidery machine at all. Love them both.

All I want now is to find an affordable featherweight for when my hands deteriorate more ... which they are doing.

ali
Old 07-15-2010, 03:16 PM

My pfaff machine is the best machine I have ever had.. I don't buy a new machine often.. this will no doubt be my last new machine.

I just finished making my first 'Bow Tuck' bag.. and I love how easy it was to do the quilting for the bag.. it was a joy to sew today.. I sat there all day.. what a fun day I had.. I don't get to do that often and it makes me so happy when I can..

A beautiful new Pfaff and a whole day of sewing.. must be heaven!
Old 07-15-2010, 03:47 PM

I wouldn't be without a Pfaff and the IDT, this feature has saved me lots of headaches.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Judie
I have a new Pfaff Creative Vision 5.0 It was a gift from my DH.. what a gift.. I sew almost everyday and hate to go away without my machine.. (I don't take it with us, but want to!!) My previous machine was a Bernina 830.. That sweet machine has sewn everything I put under the foot.. I love that old machine and will never give it up.. but let me tell you, this new Pfaff is the most wonderful thing in my life next to my DH and my grandchildren!! I love a Pfaff!
Oh, Judie! Our DH's must be TWINS!!! I've had a Pfaff 1471 for over 20 years - and I just got the Creative Vision 5.0 for my birthday from him! I really love it, but feel "clumsy" with it, since my 1471 and I have worked as one for so many years. I haven't done any embroidery yet - but hope to do so VERY soon! Do you have any tips for me??? Thanks!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:38 PM

At my first quilting class, I found out that my Singer machine was broken. The instructor was great and she let me use her spare Pfaff that she brings just in case anyone needs it. Wow! I completely fell in love with the IDT concept and Pfaffs in general. I'm now saving for one of my own. I have our local sewing machine repair person looking for a gently used or refurbished one.

Seriously, it sews like butter!!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:01 PM

Judy,
Austin Sewing has a Round Rock location but I go to the south store where I take my embroidery classes. They are always having nice used ones and they are serviced before but out on the floor to sell. You also get lessons on how to use it.
Vernell in Austin
Old 07-15-2010, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by vschieve
Judy,
Austin Sewing has a Round Rock location but I go to the south store where I take my embroidery classes. They are always having nice used ones and they are serviced before but out on the floor to sell. You also get lessons on how to use it.
Vernell in Austin
OOh! Cool! When I've saved more, I'll check them out. :) Thanks!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:43 PM

Do you like the older, heavy mechanical Pfaffs? The south store has a Pfaff 1222 for sale or did the last time I was in the store. It came out about 10 years or so after my Pfaff 262 which came out in 1968. The 262 is the one you see in my ID picture. They also had a Pfaff 2144 embroidery machine for sale which a lot of the 2144's have been upgraded to 2170's, which is what I have. I like having an embroidery Pfaff which is computerized and then my old heavy duty tanker right next to it. I can multi-task! I think they are asking $300 for the Pfaff 1222.
Vernell
Old 07-16-2010, 05:22 AM

I love my pfaff 7570, just wish it had an auto thread cutter. I *hate* having to always cut threads! I know, I know...I'm lazy! LOL