Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pin Basted then......I cried >

Pin Basted then......I cried

Pin Basted then......I cried

Old 04-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

I feel your pain as well. Luckily you found it before you quilted it. I was looking at pictures of my GN quilt which was already completed and mailed to her when I discovered in the picture one of the blocks in the Ohio block was insert wrong, talk about GRRRRRRRRR! I checked the quilt over so many times and never saw the error. At least you can correct it before it is done. Good Luck :-)
Old 04-04-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Treasureit
Well, I am calmer now, I went out shopping, not for fabric, and came home with an end table, lantern, candles and decor. We are decorating our den in a beach theme. It was very cathartic! Aaahh fresh beach air, seagulls and tomorrow I will un-pin and redo the quilt...like a Type A that I am.
Good for you! I had that happen, and unpinned and redid the whole thing! Ever after whenever I remembered doing that, I got a secret smile I DID IT! It is perfect!
and never let that happen again! LOL! J
Old 04-05-2011, 04:47 AM

I have never heard of pinmores. They look awesome! Thank you for the information.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:41 AM

I use my car key to help me pin baste (well, DH's, since mine is a laser cut). It's just like those expensive Kwik Clips things, but free!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:52 AM

I just had that same thing happen to me... ugh... I pieced in a section to the back, then trimmed and all is good.... take a deep breath, a few stretches, and back at it.... hugs..
Old 04-10-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
I feel your pain! :( I bought the Pinmoors and it really cuts down on stabbing your finger. The only time my finger gets pricked is when I'm not paying attention and hit my finger with the pin.
I have the Pinmoors too. Love'em!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Can you piece in enough to make it fit. Even if it is a different color, it is the back. Put a label over that area. Don't cry. It has happened to many of us and I'm sure it will happen to more. ;-)
I agree. Pieced backs are my favorite.
Robin in TX
Old 05-24-2011, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
Just unpin a little, sew a piece onto the back to lengthen it and then put your label there. No one will ever know.
That's exactly what I'm going to do with the last quilt that I basted - there's a little sliver across one corner that isn't covered and I'm just going to piece the darn thing. Noone will ever notice, once it's quilted and I sure don't care.

The front is a vintage top of "make-do" patches, so that little piece on the back will fit right in with the spirit of the whole quilt. :)