Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pin stitch Pfaff 7530 >

Pin stitch Pfaff 7530

Pin stitch Pfaff 7530

Old 02-26-2010, 08:06 PM

I have a pfaff 7530 and while reading a description of it on line tonight, it informs me that this machine has a pin stitch and a mock hand-lock quilt stitch, ideal for quilters.

http://www.oksewingandvacuum.com/7530.htm

This is news to me.

Anybody out there who has this model know what these are?

Janie
Old 02-26-2010, 09:10 PM

Hi: I found this on the Pfaff-Talk website:

"The Pin Stitch for quilting is program number 12 and the Hand Look stitch for quilting is program number 11. Program #12 is also called the blanket stitch. The default size is good for smaller designs; enlarge length and width as needed for larger designs and/or heavier threads. Also, you will need to mirror designs for most uses. For program number 11 thread machine with monofilament thread in the top and a thread that coordinates with your work in the bobbin. A size 80 Universal needle will work just fine, although you may want to try a Quilting needle (specifically designed to keep your quilt from "bearding" (little bits of batting pulling back through stitch holes). Tighten upper tension to 6-7 - this may need to be adjusted slightly more or less after you sew a test. Sew a test - adjust upper tension as necessary to cause monofilament top thread to pull bobbin thread to top surface of work. You can achieve that perfect "hand-quilted" look."

Hope this helps! I have the Pfaff 7570 and although it's been a while since I've used these stitches that are similar to the 7530, I remember that they look very nice!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:26 AM

That was a great help, Tootsie. Thank you so much!

In all my many years of sewing, I did not know the pin stitch was the same as the buttonhole or blanket stitch. Interesting.

The hand look (or hand-lock as the write up called it) is an interesting story. My dealer showed me how to program that stitch into my memory but neglected to tell me it was a built in stitch in the machine. I had accidentally erased it from my memory and wasn't sure how to re program. Now, thanks to you Tootsie, I find out it is a built in stitch that I can get with one touch. Cool.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

I have had a 7550 for a number of years and I need to go back and take the beginner lesson on it again to relearn what I have forgotten about what my machine is capable of