Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Plastic Storage Boxes for 12 1/2 " squares

If you dont mind if the box does not look pretty, I have found that pizza boxes work great. Pizza hut will let you have new boxes for a quarter or so.

These are the exact same boxes I got at Michaels for $4.98 on sale. Had clear as well as colors. They are perf. for what you're describing. That's what I use them for.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMama View Post
    I use these Iris Storage Boxes, found in the scrapbooking section at Hobby Lobby and Michael's. Usually the ones at HL are clear and the ones at M's are colorful. I use coupons from the newspaper ads and pick up one a week or so. They hold 12" blocks very nicely.
    Attachment 318422

Blog Entries
    Here is a site that may have the size you are looking for.......Quiltingwarehouse.com........They have many plastic storage boxes for quilters. Scroll down the menu on the left to STORAGE AND ORGANIZERS l....Good luck I hope this helps

Blog Entries
    hobby lobby has some great ones in the scrap book dept. same ones at joanns twice as much. i paid about $8 using their 40% off coupon. just download the coupon.

If you want a inexpensive way to store blocks go to your local pizzeria. The pizza boxes are perfect. They will usually sell the new ones to you for 50 cents to a dollar. You can write on them, stack them high. I have several. In fact, our one quilting store sells them for a dollar. The squares are a perfect fit.

I use the ArtBin boxes with handles and only purchase when I have a 50% off coupon from JoAnn's or they have them on for 50% off. I also have some pizza boxes as years ago the guild I belonged to was able to get them for an extremely great price and sell them to members. They work great for finished blocks and can be stacked.

mltquilt

Thank you so much for this information. I am a NEW quilter and have myself involved in 3 quilts, classes I have taken that I know have to assemble. Trying to figure how to keep all of this separate and "clean". Will be going to Joanns with my 50% coupon this wek! Love all the information I get from all you experienced ladies. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    Has anyone found flat boxes that hold our BOMs? The ones at Michaels are just a little too small!
    I would like clear plastic, not too deep, at least 13" square. TY
    I just saw them at Costco. a bundle of 4 or 5, can't remember the count but they were only 19.99. They were assorted colors.

I love new pizza boxes...plenty of room and they are free for the asking.

Quote Originally Posted by bakermom View Post
    Look at the flat scrapbooking boxes at joanns. they are about 13" square and about 4" deep. I bought several last year when they were 50% off. I store my project's blocks in them.
    These may be what I have, about 6 or so in a stand? I have 2, both 50% off at JoAnn's a few years ago.
    After 2 years with the same signature I have been requested to remove it. Bye

Blog Entries
    i use pizza boxes. The price is right!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo View Post
    Maybe this is what you want sure is cheaper than the others.http://www.joann.com/12x12-protect-n...ox/xprd881677/
    I actually bought 3 of these for my scrapbook stuff. I love love love them. Plus the others from Joanns.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Blog Entries
    I love pizza boxes. I buy them from our local pizza parlor for 50 cents each. I paint the tops with flowers, etc. and label the ends so that when stacked I can tell at a glance what's inside. I also bought some snap together plastic boxes from Wal Mart in the fishing section. Pizza boxes also make good memory boxes to store drawings from children/grands.
    TwandasMom

Quote Originally Posted by bakermom View Post
    Look at the flat scrapbooking boxes at joanns. they are about 13" square and about 4" deep. I bought several last year when they were 50% off. I store my project's blocks in them.
    Thanks for sharing! I've been looking for that size as well!
    Love 4 stchen

Who'd a thunk - pizza boxes - what a super idea! Thanks for sharing. Love this board.
    Love 4 stchen

Like some of the others, I am cheap and use the clean pizza boxes and label the outside with a stick on label. They fit under my bed very nicely since I don't have a sewing room. I get them from my local Casey's store and so far they have been free of charge, but I would gladly pay the twenty five or fifty cents as well. I have used them for the cut blocks, quilt blocks and partially finished quilt blocks. There is no end of uses one can use them for. I have even put fat quarters in one until I got a three drawer stand on sale at Wally World. I also use the little plastic boxes mushrooms, etc., come in. Wash them up and keep them on the table for scraps when I am sewing and a jillion other uses from time to time. Have even put the smaller cut quilt squares in them to store as well until I pull them out and use them in something. My two cents for the day.

very good idea
    Pegg

Have a great day and happy sewing !

Joan fabrics has two kinds -- look in the area where the plastic containers are and also the scrap booking dept.
    Sew 'N Sew

Life is Pieceful

Blog Entries
    I went to the local pizza place (family owned and operated) to see if they would sell me a few large pizza boxes. The owner would not let me pay for six large boxes. It was his way of thanking me for eating many meals at his Italian Resturant. I was so thrilled!! The large are about 16X16X2 which is an average block size and they stack so neatly. Mary

I have the ones from Joanne's, they were on sale for 6.99 sometime last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    Has anyone found flat boxes that hold our BOMs? The ones at Michaels are just a little too small!
    I would like clear plastic, not too deep, at least 13" square. TY
    There are lots of options that makes you feel free to buy flat boxes. I can suggest that just go through any search engine and you can find lots of answers regarding your query. Hope I will help it out to get relief from your confusion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3