Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A plea for smaller pictures (for our Gallery, and in general) >

A plea for smaller pictures (for our Gallery, and in general)

A plea for smaller pictures (for our Gallery, and in general)

Old 09-10-2012, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
I sometime think about trying to post pictures of quilts I've done, but I'm like some of the others. I'm not real "computer savvy", and don't have a lot of time that I can spend out here and don't allways have someone around to help me.
I tried to post pics - my camera came with Kodak Easy share software and it downloads to my computer - when I uploaded the pics I got notice that they were deleted - something about a personal site?? I've given up tryin g to post and have them deleted - love the board but the Photo police are rough!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:11 AM

I agree with your answer, except, where we live there is no faster internet service. That might be true with other members as well. I make it a point to downsize all my picture as soon as I download them. I use mostly Microsoft paint and it works well. I also have another software program with my camera.

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
Please do not discourage our quilt family from posting pictures...its hard enough as it is. I love posting and viewing all of the pictures!!! Maybe you could upgrade and get a better internet service.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:32 AM

I agree with you. The "lazy" remark was uncalled for. Some people are proficient in one thing, but not another. We all have our moments - good and bad.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:47 AM

I think 640x480 is Web size, but I know a lot of smart people who aren't PC savvy, I am not the greatest but I have learned a lot over the years, I also have a lot to learn about Quilting, hope no one thinks I'm lazy. Just saying!!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:13 PM

The original poster was asking for smaller pictures because she was not able to post some of the pictures to the quilt gallery because they were too large. Another poster is the one who made the lazy comment. Me, I haven't posted any pictures yet, for one thing, because we don't have an account any where to post them to.

Where does everyone post their pictures to make them available for showing on this website?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter View Post
Where does everyone post their pictures to make them available for showing on this website?
There is the Pictures forum, which is the forth forum down on the main home page. You can also post individual pictures in threads for illustration purposes.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter View Post
The original poster was asking for smaller pictures because she was not able to post some of the pictures to the quilt gallery because they were too large. Another poster is the one who made the lazy comment. Me, I haven't posted any pictures yet, for one thing, because we don't have an account any where to post them to.

I don't post mine anywhere else before I put them in a post here. I download them from my camera card to a file on my computer. I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager to resize them.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter View Post
I thought the suggested size is 640 x 480. Is that still too large?
No, it is a very good internet size picture. Comes up quickly, and gives a good picture to view.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:32 PM

If you have Windows 7 Home operating system, open Windows Live Photo Gallery (which comes with the system). 1. Click on the camera icon in the upper left near the menu bar.
2.Then select and import your photos from your camera or scanner. After they're imported into WLPG, all you have to do to resize is to
3. right click on the photo, select "resize" option,
4. then select "Smaller" option.
Now the photo will be resized and a second instance of the photo appears. The new photo is exactly the right size for e-mail or web. It should be smaller than 1 MB. At this point I delete the huge file to save space on my laptop.

I hope this will help. The instructions my also work on Window XP and/or Vista. It's been too long since i had either of those systems to remember. Good Luck. If something is not clear, let me know and I will try to clarify.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:30 PM

Thanks for the info. I have been a member to other forums where they required you to use something like photobucket and the pictures would load from there every time.