Please help me decide!!! Janome or pfaff >

Please help me decide!!! Janome or pfaff

Please help me decide!!! Janome or pfaff

Old 12-01-2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by BeckyB View Post
There are 2 on craigslist that i want but not sure wich is best
#1..5yr old Janome 6600P with LOTS of feet and a plexyglass table $1,100. firm
#2..1yr old Pfaff quilt expression 4.0 $1,300. or best offer

I can not make up my mind please help me before they sell!!
Thank you so much
Becky
I traded my newer machine (quilting edition) for a Bernina, and kept my really old Janome! I love the way it makes fancy stitches and button holes so nice!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:49 AM

I have several Pfaff machines and I love them.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:09 AM

I think this is way to much money for either of them. I got my Janone out of an online place in Texas and it was brand new, not used and I did not pay that much. Mine came with a table and also the plexyglas side piece. The JAnome is my favorite. You can find some good deals from distributors. My friend just got a new Brother and she is struggling with it. Not that it is not a good machine, it is just to hard to learn. The Janome is easy to understand. The Pfaff is also a good machine also./ Want to make sure it has a long arm for quilting. The throat part on some is short. Remember you will be sending a rolled quilt throguh the space. I would do more looking. This price is to much. I have a Janome 6500 Memory Craft. Love it. It is the one Marie Osmond sells. and uses. Hope this helps. PT
Old 12-01-2011, 08:09 AM

I agree. Both are good machines, but you will not be getting any warranty or dealer service. These machines are over-priced. Years ago I bought a pre-loved Viking Rose from a local dealer; someone had traded up. He sold it for me at a very good price, plus I had the advantages of a warranty, classes, help any time I needed it etc. I'm still using that machine and love it. Think through what you might do if you encounter a problem. The small savings you gain at the beginning could cost you more later. If the savings is great enough, it is worth the risk, but these machines seem to be priced high. I would visit my local dealers and see what might be available from them in a used machine if you cannot afford a new one. I also have a Janome Threadbanger 30 and it is a great machine. A lady in my quilt bee has a Pfaff and loves it; she makes beautiful quilts. Wonderful that we have so many great options to choose from! Hope you find a great machine at a great price!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:34 AM

I love my Pfaff machines.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:40 AM

I would go for the Janome myself.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:54 AM
RDM

Several friends turned in their Bernina & Pfaffs for Janome w thread cutter and they're great machines. I love my Pfaff 7550-good workhorse, am considering the Quilt Expression 4.0. I'd trial a Janome & 4.0 to check out features, how each machine runs to determine YOUR preference. Good luck. As Stated above, no warranty or local dealer back-up on-line-so caution-how have these machines been maintained?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:48 AM

I bought a Pfaff expression 3.0 online via Craigs list and have been very happy with it. It sews like a dream. I had no problems with purchasing it on line and received it promptly. Is the seller in Hood River? That's where mine came from. I have heard of others that have also been very happy with their Janome's as well. Good luck!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:08 AM

I love my Pfaffs, the built in walking foot is the best thing ever. I like it for quilting and for piecing quilts too. No extra walking foot to buy.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:01 AM

I would go for the Janome. I have a 10 year old one, and it so faithful. I do have it serviced yearly, but it has never given me a problem. I love the way it sews. I also have a 7 year old janome Gem Platnim.