Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please i need some help >

Please i need some help

Please i need some help

Old 07-05-2009, 05:11 PM

I made my son one of these for Christmas, he wouldn't really appreciate a quilt and it was OSU fabric kit which I couldn't have found in cotton anyway. I went to You Tube and did a search and found several sites. I had done one for the My Very Own Blanket program using the square knots, but for my son I held both pieces of fringe together and used an overhand knot, I liked it better and it lies flatter than the square knot.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:13 PM

Go to Joann's website, they have a free project section. There's a photo and instructions to make this project.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:31 PM
pal

I've made a few using only one blanket layer rather than two together,
so that they are not so heavy or too warm. And you can use a long strip of masking tape instead of pins, and just cut up to the masking tape. Then just make a knot using the one fringe. Make a knot around a
crochet hook and push it up to the tape. When all of the knots are tied
pull off the tape and you're done.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:26 PM

Thank you quilters, for the links
to make this fleece quilt!! I always
love to get more information!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 07-05-2009, 11:25 PM

More projects I have yet to do. I've got fleece for four more blankets that I've had for over a year and a half that I need to just buckle down and do. Sad for me I keep putting it off and they don't take long to do.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:02 AM

I made my grands fleece blankets when they went to Alaska. You will dull your rotary cutter or scissors making them, but they are so very warm. I used a fleece side and a flannel side, then just stitched around the two and it worked wonderfully. The grands are still using them and love them.

Hugs,
Sharon
Old 07-06-2009, 09:05 AM

There is also a ruler similar to the Shape Cut that you can buy in order to rotary cut the fringe. The one I have is only about 6" wide, but this is very similar http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...RODID=prd54323

You put the line for the length of the fringe on the edge of the fleece. Since I was having problems with carpal tunnel syndrome when I first started making these blankets, it really saved my hand to rotary cut instead of using the scissors.

Also, I usually put the fleece right sides together (yes, Virginia, there is a right side to fleece -- pull it, and the side that it curves into is the wrong side) and stitch up the sides. Then I fringe the top and bottom edges.

I hope this makes sense.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:24 AM

When I made this type of blanket, i about killed my hand with all the cutting. So the next time that i had a joann's coupon, i bought the fiskars spring handled scissors. It makes a world of difference on your hands. They dont get so tired and cramped. Now i have electric scissors that my DH got me for Christmas--i bet those would just zoom through.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:03 AM

This sounds like fun. Will have to try it.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:08 AM

It's really easy, just cut 2 pieces of fleece the size you want, plus about 12 extra inches, and place the 2 pieces together. The just make 6 inch cuts about every 1 to 1 1/2 inches and tie the matching strips in square knots. That's all there is too it