Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-02-2011, 09:50 AM

WooHoo! I'm a SUPER MEMBER! No idea how or why and really don't care! LOL!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:53 AM

I am a Senior member. And I don't have to work hard to be a 'regular'.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:55 AM

One thing that is positive - people are starting to find the positive! I felt bad for the Administrators becuase of all the negative stuff. Hopefully those posting to the other thread, will read this one and get some answers to help them not feel negative.

Personally, I think it is really pretty - we are quilters, don't we want beautiful in all we do? I admit there were a few things I was holding my breath about, but I did find them eventually.

And the post that Amazona posted above is very helpful, I will have to try some of these! Thanks.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:55 AM

I've become a senior member! I feel so much more competent..! I've just come onto the board for the first time in a couple of days, so it was a bit of a surprise, but it doesn't look too difficult and so far I've found everything I've needed. Thanks to all those who must have worked so hard setting this up.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:01 AM

I am glad to know I am not the only one wondering around lost. But I will work it out. This board is to good to give up on.

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom View Post
I think what has been done is good. I haven't noticed a lot more ads. As for the color of the background, I will just spend little bits of time here, off and on, to avoid headaches.

Nice job on the change.
For you guys bothered by ads - download (free) adblockerplus (google for it). I get no ads here or on my internet home page or any other non commercial site!

Can't believe that some would leave after the first day! Thanks for te heads up on what is available. We are all learning.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:06 AM

I spent 20 years in information technology writing requirements for systems and working with users. We will all get through this, and love the board once again.

Happily, the one complaint that I had is resolved. The screen was too bright white for me to stay on the forum for more than a few minutes. Now it's a soft beige - much easier on the eyes!

Thank you, Patrice and Team.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:07 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
Thumbs up the New QB- As I was snooping..

I was talking to hubby ( he creates these sites by the way, my computer tech-e, geeky nerd) and asked, ' Geez Honey, wish I could tell you what I would like you to fix on the QB website : icon for this, fix this glitch, change the background, etc

And the geek replied:

That's what they pay me the big bucks for...

hmmmm wonder if he'd take a quilt instead..

His company is contracted to do this type of stuff so I know the long hard days work that it entails to make these changes... I for one will continue snooping around and have fun playing to see what everything does..
Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 AM

I agree 1000%.LOVE the new site. It took me all of 5 min poking around to figure it out. I am NOT computer savy. There are great links, the site looks modern, things are easy to read, there are icons noting hot topics without having to read the posts, and it MAY take a few minutes to find your way around. Just because the inside of a new house isn't laid out exactly identically to the old one you left, that doesn't mean that it is a "worse" house. IMHO these posts remind me of my whiney teenagers. Enough already. The site is free to use, it was updated, figure it out or move to another neighborhood please, so that we neighbors who like our new houses can come out and play again.