Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 AM

I think some of you are far too quick to berate those who find this new "improved" board a work of art. We are all entitled to an opinion. If no one informs a programmer that they have not met the needs (or failed to think of the needs) of users, they will not have any idea that the design has flaws. (I thanked Admin for trying trying to adjust the background color from the stark white that was there yesterday.) Far too many people forget those with special needs. This applies to everything (not just this board) because it does not impact them specifically and need reminding. Example: Would you ask someone who has been blind all their life to describe the color of a tangerine? Ask someone who is deaf to describe the difference in the song of a lark vs. a wren? I wouldn't be too worried about this being "free". Look at the "Terms of Service" and all the advertising.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Pink Dogwood View Post
Thanks for the heads up on some of the changes. I agree change is not always easy, but we will adjust once we have had a chance to do a little peeking into it. This is my first visit and am slowy learning my way around. Sooo many changes and I am beginning to see they are great. Thanks for the changes, they look great and we will adjust!!!
I am finding my way around too. Just take a deep breath and start clicking...soon you'll forget it is all new.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:35 AM

I love the new board, too, even tho it froze my computer yesterday when I tried to post a comment! Trying again! Love the new toys to play with...
Old 11-02-2011, 10:52 AM

One of the new things that I really like is the ability to set up folders for Private Messages. That way, if you're in a round robin or swap, you can make a folder for all the PMs relating to that and not have to search through all of your messages for something.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:52 AM

Change is not always easy-but change is progress.It is still the board we know-like a book with a new cover.change and making our old brains work a little is good for us.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:01 AM

I don't like it either, but I will take some time and try to navigate it. Everything changes. and thank the Lord for that.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:10 AM

Found my bookmarks, thanks! As for the rest, I'm a self-taught computer dummy, no kids around, and I learned to navigate the old format and will learn to navigate the new one, too. If I get too frustrated, I'll just go and sew for a time-out.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:15 AM

Life is about change. I will be happy once I get past the learning curve. So far I like the quilt of the week and being able to move curser over a topic to get a view of the topic. Now if my DH would stop talking to me for a little bit I can explore. lol
Old 11-02-2011, 11:22 AM

Default Boy am I thick headed! 'Recent Post' question answered...

While playing around I started looking at the sidebar where there are advertisements. You know those things we have been avoiding? Well at the top of the sidebar ads there is a blue button....... and of all things is says, 'Recent Topics'.... Guess what comes up? Yep, the newest topic posted to the oldest....... This is probably the best we shall get with 'unread topics' for before....
Old 11-02-2011, 11:24 AM

Good news. Thanks for sharing what you have found. Together we are all better (smile).