Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Postage stamp quilt >

Postage stamp quilt

Postage stamp quilt

Old 02-14-2011, 01:55 PM

I went to a quilt trunk show last fall given by a woman from Coleridge, NE. She has made two of every quilt she has ever done, each exactly alike and gives one of them to charity to help raise funds in her community. She keeps the second one for herself. In her collection she has four postage stamp quilts (which means she has made eight of them) that are each named for each of her colon surgeries and the titles were so cute, wish I could remember them now. She made all of these the hard way by cutting 1.5 inch squares. She showed us all the squares she has left over. LOL! She only works on them when she is recovering from one of the surgeries. They were stunning (as well as the rest of her quilts) and they also had a lot of applique applied over parts of the postage stamps. She was not only very inspiring spiritually but she was inspiring as woman as well. She is a farm wife and has eight children and still finds the time to make dozens of large quilts each year. She inspired me and I am now cutting all my small scraps into 1.5 inch squares as I finish the other quilts I am working on. The pile sure grows fast!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:40 PM

shell we jus say me + USPostal = not on friend terms. lOl
Old 02-22-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD
Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
How many squares does it take to make a full size postage stamp quilt?
Don't know the count, but I do know that's one quilt I have no desire to make... :)
Hexagon paper piecing was enough for me. I agree, that's one quilt somewhere down the list near 245, and I'm sure I can find a few more to go inbetween. :roll: