Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Postage Stamp Quilts >

Postage Stamp Quilts

Postage Stamp Quilts

Old 07-20-2013, 01:45 PM

I've been in the process of making a Postage Stamp quilt. I work on it in spurts.

Sometimes I work on cutting the 2" pieces, then other times I work on making the squares into 'two-sies', then when I have enough two-sies I make them into four-sies, then eight-sies and so on and so forth.

I took some and made a doll quilt for my daughter, too. I love the look of the PS quilts.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:07 AM

Default Burgoyne Surrounded

An old traditional pattern, Burgoyne Surrounded, which I consider a Postage Stamp variation.
Attached Thumbnails docdownload.jpeg  
Old 09-14-2013, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Missysgottohelp View Post
This is my quilt my MIL made
Lovely, what a terrific job, this is so tempting, but have so much on the go, not sure if I can work another project in. lol
Old 09-14-2013, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by DDuMouchel View Post
An old traditional pattern, Burgoyne Surrounded, which I consider a Postage Stamp variation.
Another lovely one!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:18 AM

Gorgeous!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 07:01 AM
Banned

[ATTACH=CONFIG]435869[/ATTACH]
This is the one I made from an old Anne Orr pattern called Postage Stamp Rose. 6205 one inch (finished) squares, handquilted 1/4' inside each square. This pattern was reproduced in a McCall's Vintage Quilts magazine and they had updated the instructions to include some strip piecing. I've been cutting scraps into 1-1/2 inch squares and have started piecing another postage stamp. This one is scrappy and I'm making 9" blocks. Not all of the fabric is prewashed, but I'm not concerned because of the size of the squares. I never prewash my batting because I like the crinkled look, so some shrinkage won't matter. If you google "postage stamp quilt patterns", you'll find free patterns that are strip pieced. Have fun!
Attached Thumbnails rose.jpg  
Old 09-14-2013, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by meemersmom View Post
Here is the detail of one of the PS quilts I've done (I just finished my sixth one -- I've been told I'm not right). I do not strip piece; these were sewn together square by square. I mix all fabric types and colors. Whichever I pulled out, that was the fabric I used next. And, most of the fabrics were not prewashed. I was a little nervous about one of the reds, but I gave it a blast of steam on a white towel and no color transfer, so I used it. My next one is going to be black and white I think. Its going to be your quilt, so use whatever pleases you.
That is nice, so many little squares. I like it.