Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Price of fabric >

Price of fabric

Price of fabric

Old 10-27-2011, 01:17 PM

I'd go with the price per tote. Would love to go see it myself! I'm here in Minnesota....
Old 10-27-2011, 02:18 PM

well if u buy it all u will get it cheaper and she probaly just wants get rid of it. just offer 25 .00 for all of it .bet she will take it
Old 10-27-2011, 02:45 PM

I wouldn't know what to offer. Id say fill a tote and Ill pay 50.00. Tell her the colors you like and make sure its all clean and all cotton.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:23 PM

I would offer her about $20-25 a bin unless it's oriental or other material with gold overlaying. If she has more material than you can use I'd be interested in buying material for children's charity quilts, infants-teens in crisis. IS ON Ontario, CA or a misprint?
Old 10-27-2011, 03:23 PM

I would offer her about $20-25 a bin unless it's oriental or other material with gold overlaying. If she has more material than you can use I'd be interested in buying material for children's charity quilts, infants-teens in crisis. IS ON Ontario, CA or a misprint?

OOPS, SORRY FOR THE DUPLICATE
Old 10-27-2011, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by DaleD
I know but she is in the states and I'm in Canada. She is sending as much as I want this weekend with a friend so I want to make a decision by Thursday. What to do, what to do. I really lucked out here since I really don't have much of a stash.
Lucky you!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:49 PM

By all means check these fabrics out. Wish we all could just hop in car and help you. One question I may have missed being answered is: Are you allergic to anything? Does the fabric come from someone who has had birds in the house, a cat or a dog? What about where and how it has been stored? Oh so many questions but yet a good, and highly recommended idea, is go straight to the washing machine and leave everything in the garage until the machine is ready for it.

When I wash unknown fabrics, I cut just a stippen from all the corners so the threads will not ravel all over the place and tie up in the washer-dryer. Better invest in some color-catcher sheets too. Might save a lot of fabrics from one which fades badly.

Good luck and please post a phone of what you end up with.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:27 PM

What is a color-catcher sheet if I might ask?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:39 PM

Geez Louise how far away does she live? Can't you jump in your car and check it out yourself? It may be worth you while in the long run. You would know what you were getting, if the fabric was stored properly, and pick what you want if money is an issue. As a Canadian in my area we rarely see fabric for the prices you ladies are talking about. Good luck homey and let us know what happens.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:16 PM

You put it in the washer and it catches all the dye in the fabric so it doesnt wreck the other fabrics. You can buy them at Target, Walmart and some grocery stores in the laundry aisle.