Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Price increases >

Price increases

Price increases

Old 01-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Banned

Default Price increases

Got to work today and when I finally got a chance to check the price changes I didn't expect many. Usually there aren't many, some are going to clearance and some change only slightly. Today my manager said she had checked them and there weren't many. Good.
For some reason I check them anyway............................................ .................................
There were over 400 changes!!!!!!! half were going to clearance and the other half...

all went UP, YIKES

So what things are going up in the fabric/crafts dept at Walmart? Solid cotton and broadcloth fabrics, scissors, sewing machines, Velcro, Heat and Bond, the Binding making machine, rotary cutters and the blades, Acrylic paints and yarn, and I'm sure I missed a few here. Some up .50, some several dollars such as the binding machine going from $50.00 to $58.++. !!

My manager is making the changes into the system tomorrow.

I wish I knew what I NEEDED to buy before she gets to them. But don't NEED any of it.

Just thought I'd warn y'all for you next trip to WM.

Phyllis
QuiltingGrannie
Quilter's Pantry
Old 01-09-2012, 04:55 PM

ouch!!!!Enuf is Enuf!!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:17 PM

Our Walmart doesn't carry fabrics and very little of anything else. In our area it would be a good thing for Walmart to carry these products and had a great business going when they did, why did they take them out? They say they want to help rural communities, well you can't get more rural than we are and it killed us when they took that section out.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
Our Walmart doesn't carry fabrics and very little of anything else. In our area it would be a good thing for Walmart to carry these products and had a great business going when they did, why did they take them out? They say they want to help rural communities, well you can't get more rural than we are and it killed us when they took that section out.
They took a lot of them out or shrunk them down when they had a man within the company who said 'Let's get rid of the fabrics!" After so many people complained and demanded they have fabric back - the man has been fired and a lot of the stores are getting that department back or if it was shrunk like ours had been they are increasing the size and bringing in more fabrics. Not all are getting them back, but the more people complain to Walmart and to the actual store they want the fabrics in it may help. Keep letting them know you want it back. Either on line, a phone call to them or a letter.

Phyllis
QuiltingGrannie
Quilter's Pantry
Old 01-09-2012, 06:03 PM

Thanks for the advice. I hated to see our fabric dept go. I will definitely complain.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:17 PM

We were supposed to get fabrics back but I haven't seen any. It seems they carry less yarn and other crafting things. I know that I am really get sick and tired of these stores raising there prices when they already make big bucs on us now. They also have in our area raised the gas prices again but now we're almost to $3.50 and they have said by June it s/b $4.00 or more a gallon. At the rate their going raising prices we won't have to worry about buying fabric or anything to enjoy. Where is America going? Thanks for letting us know. I'm sure glad I bought a Strip cutter machine having even had a chance to use it. It was just before Xmas and I pd $50. don't know if I got a deal or not. Sue
Old 01-09-2012, 06:21 PM

This is just the beginning of inflation. It's going to continue. So hang on to your hats......
Old 01-09-2012, 11:30 PM

last year was a terrible year for the cotton growing regions all over the world...all cottons will be rising...
Old 01-10-2012, 12:15 AM

I live in a state were minimum wage goes up Jan. 1 of every year. That of course means everything we buy goes up also. So the ones who got a pay increase are no better off, and the rest of us are just screwed. Isn't inflation fun.