Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Price of Quilting Magazines!!!!!!!! >

Price of Quilting Magazines!!!!!!!!

Price of Quilting Magazines!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Power Poster

When I was out yesterday I saw a "newer" magazine - sorry can't remember the name but all the issues were 12.99 :shock: The store had several back issues still in stock -- I can see why :roll:
Old 10-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Power Poster

Wow, I don't think I would pay that for a magazine. That's horrible.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:26 AM

I love looking at magazines for inspiration. I try to pick up bundles at church rummage sales, 1/2 price book stores, yard sales, etc. The price is right and I can spend the money I save on fabric.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Yesterday I ran into the grocery store to grab a few items, and saw a new quilting magazine on the rack. I picked it up, because it was all about scarppy quilts. I WAS going to buy it, but luckily, I looked at the price. $12.99! OUCH!
Try Half Price Books - they have magazines as well, hopefully quilting magazines. Think about it - this is something that doesn't go out of style - change the fabrics and voila! Christmas patterns become summer patterns become Valentine patterns become whatever-you-want-it-to-be patterns!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:30 AM

Sam's discounts their magazines at least 30%, some of them even more. They have a few quilting magazines there.

There has to be something really special in a magazine before I would pay $12.99 for it. :shock:
Old 10-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

WOW!! I will have to take a peek today when I am out and about :D:D:D
Old 10-20-2010, 10:46 AM

I can find them at the library for a dime each!!! Often they are older, but as others have said, that doesn't really matter so much. Besides, I have so many in my stash of magazines and books that I will never run out of patterns I want to do. I have also decided to not renew my 2 subscriptions due to cost and the fact that I receive billing stuff about once a month from some independent billing company.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 AM

I haven't bought magazines in years. I refuse to pay the price lol. I have friends who bring me theirs, so I am lucky that way. I just got a bunch in. I love to look through them...but hardly ever sew out of them, go figure.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:38 PM

I have bought so many quilting magazines at yard sales this year that my husband thinks I have lost my mind....lol. But I share with my MIL and my SIL. I absolutely love the magazines. There is so much inspiration in them. The digital editions are nice but I like to be able to hold them in my hands.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:50 PM

That is a lot for a magazine I like leafing through something as well, but there is a book store in my nearest town that sells remaindered books for about that price, and books are easier to store!. Do you have the system there where some publishers sell the mag in a plastic bag with two back issues in there as well? They cost 9.95 here. I will also pay more if the mag comes with a DVD, which my favourite does. (YouTube notwithstanding)