Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Prices for Batik's??

Blog Entries
    location, location, location...
    even on the internet you can find batiks and other hand dyes ranging anywhere from $6 to $24 a yard.

The LQS here just got in some very pretty batiks, and the new price is $9.99/yard. When I told her that JoAnn's had some from $12.99 she was shocked.

We are all having a dose of sticker shock today.

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    We have our batiks priced at $8.99 - $9.50 / yard. http://www.favoritefabric.com/cgi/co...ik_fabric.html

And they're all very nice batiks, from Hoffman, Kaufman, Timeless Treasures and Moda.

We're trying our best to keep prices down as much as possible on all our fabrics.

my LQS had new batiks at 10.99/yd. I'm so happy I have a huge stash. Will be diving into it when I get a wedding quilt finished.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I bought batiks from Roberta on the board and they are beautiful. I don't know what they cost now but last year they were under 7.00
    Double digits for fabric is making me re-think my stash!!

I haven't heard anything out of Roberta lately - or have I missed one of her posts?

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I bought batiks from Roberta on the board and they are beautiful. I don't know what they cost now but last year they were under 7.00

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    Batik at our LQS is anywhere from $16.95 to $22.95 (Canadian $), depending on the manufacturer and shipping, etc.. I buy it when it goes on sale, which is not very often.

My lqs has a ton of them for 9.99. Ive been searching online for quite a while looking for batiks. Ive seen most of them for that price and under. hancocks of paducah and joanns had them for 12

Blog Entries
    Barbara (quilter on the eastern edge) - batik prices are about the same at our LQS also. I buy when they are on sale or when I go to the US.

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by costumegirl
    Barbara (quilter on the eastern edge) - batik prices are about the same at our LQS also. I buy when they are on sale or when I go to the US.
    Darn! Are you in the GTA? I thought I could pick up some cheaply when I visit my sister in October. Guess I'll cross batiks off my list. :(

try connectingthreads.com or thousandsofbolts.com both have beautiful batiks for much less than the others. Virg

You at least do not have to pay the high prices that we have here in Australya!
    12.99 sound very cheap to me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I went to a little fabric shop today and saw some beautiful batik's, thought I think all batik's are beautiful. The girl told me that they were $12.99/yd. I said you are kidding right? I told her I could go to Hancocks of Paducah and pay 9.99/yd. if I wanted Batik's that badly. I still have sticker shock from it.

Has anyone else seen Batik's this highly priced?
    cjmomma, LQS batkis have been in the $12-15 range here in western Michigan for about 6-8 months and I was just speaking with an ownere and she said they were going up agian. I love batiks and so I shop batiks plus quite often.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I am still shocked mainly due to the fact that in this little town they won't sell for that price. This is mostly a retirement community even tho we have a university here people can't afford those prices. Even the store manager couldn't believe the prices. She when someone hears the price they just put it back on the shelf.

I love batiks, and have lots in my stash, but there is always room for more. My LQS has prices around $9-$10 and a sale going on through the end of May for 20% off. I think I need to go buy some more reading the prices from some of the other areas, wow, especially Canada. I have bought some from Connecting Threads, beautiful colors.

We all will be seeing those high prices due to the failure of the world's cotton crops over the last 2 seasons. Not only are yard goes going up, so will clothing, especially t-shirts and blue jeans. I am trying to buy ahead, my LQS is having a sale this week before the higher priced fabrics come in.

Vat
    Sadly, unless you find it on sale, those prices are about the going rate.

Blog Entries
    A local (Columbus, Georgia) quilting shop has beautiful materials. You might find something you like there. I love their fabrics.

http://sewmuchfunincolumbus.com/shop.html

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    [quote=kriscraft99]I haven't heard anything out of Roberta lately - or have I missed one of her posts?

[/quote

I haven't either. I know she was in Bali but that was awhile ago. Her batiks are truly wonderful!!

YES

I've seen it from 7.95 to 14.95 yd.

I buy all of my batiks from Mary Jo's Cloth Store (online) in Gastonia NC. Folks this place is more than amazing. Huge beyoond huge. AND Dolly Parton's costomers buy all of the fabrics, trims etc for Dolly and crew there too.

HOffman batiks at $6.49 to $7.49 a yard - first quality ONLY too.

Julie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I went to a little fabric shop today and saw some beautiful batik's, thought I think all batik's are beautiful. The girl told me that they were $12.99/yd. I said you are kidding right? I told her I could go to Hancocks of Paducah and pay 9.99/yd. if I wanted Batik's that badly. I still have sticker shock from it.

Has anyone else seen Batik's this highly priced?
    Yes, some of the batiks at Joanns is $12.99 a yard. I about fainted when I saw that.

Hi! I'm back from Bali! I just haven't gotten my butt in gear yet - been in Arizona. Mine will most likely will be $7.25/yard this time. Beautiful stuff - email me ([email protected]) if you're not on my "list".

I've seen batiks online for $13/yard - prices are going up just like everything else! Last night at the market, my 5 lb. bag of sugar was only 4 lbs - sure hope a yard of fabric doesn't change to 32"!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    I haven't heard anything out of Roberta lately - or have I missed one of her posts?

try Connectingthreads.com better prices.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast