Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Prices for long arm quilting

I am curious as to how much it cost to have a quilt quilted. Is the price claculated by the size or how much quilting is done? Is there anything special I should ask?

Blog Entries
    my LAQ has a $50.00 minimum. charges between 1cent and 3per sq inch. depends on how much quilting you want. i know her price is high but her work is unbelieveable. she has won too many awards to list. i figure if i spent weeks of work on a quilt i want the finished product to be special. i can't do the quilting myself because of physical problems.

Get a recommendation from someone, see their work. Most quilters will give you an estimate on what you want done.

yes make ure you see their work before letting someone take it.....I made a big mistake and got a larger one back....live and learn

There is a place on the For sale part that lists laq, they tell you about their business.
    check out websites and feed back. there are many here!
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by connie_1936
    my LAQ has a $50.00 minimum. charges between 1cent and 3per sq inch. depends on how much quilting you want. i know her price is high but her work is unbelieveable. she has won too many awards to list. i figure if i spent weeks of work on a quilt i want the finished product to be special. i can't do the quilting myself because of physical problems.

Actually this price is not high, it is the average cost. Most LAQ I have run across charge .013 and up for quilting. Granted there are some that are less but they are few and far between.