Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I doing something wrong? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-doing-something-wrong-t101918.html)

Claddaughquilting 02-22-2011 07:13 AM

Hi! I am really new to the board and although I really love it, I just can't keep up! Each time I check "recent topics", there's 5 more than were there a few minutes earlier! I am sure that your quilts are beautiful and that many people have enjoyed looking at them, they just did not think to post. I am going to keep your post in mind, and in the future when I look at quilter's beautiful work, I am going to take the time to tell them what I think!! Have a great day and keep posting your quilts!!

jaciqltznok 02-22-2011 07:17 AM

it is not you...I get the same thing...the only pix I posted that got thousands of views and responses was the one of my disastrous sewing room!

Your projects are lovely and really reflect the love and thoughtfulness you put into making them.

Keep posting!

cmw0829 02-22-2011 07:38 AM

Hasn't happened to me because I haven't posted a pic, but when I look at a pic and there are pages and pages of comments, I kind of feel that when there are that many comments, another one won't matter so don't post.

My thing is that I think sometimes I'm a "post-killer :-o as my posts often seem to end the thread. Or maybe I'm just too late to the party.

amandasgramma 02-22-2011 07:42 AM

I've been on here a long time and have noticed the same thing. With over 500 people on here and a LOT of people posting pictures, I figured the lack of responses was due being overwhelmed!!! If I spent all the time it takes to respond to every picture, I'd never get a quilt finished. And those that DO get a lot of responses have a lot of close friends on this forum. Don't take it personal.......I've looked at your photos and you do a great job!!!

LivelyLady 02-22-2011 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Sometimes it just happens that way especially if there are a lot of new topics posted in a day. I have some that have very few posts but I don't worry about it. Try not to let it get to you. We love you!!

cjomomma is right...sometimes a post will be pushed up to page 3 because there were so many posts at one time. Some of us also don't have the chance to be on here as often as we'd like to be and just can't comment on every post. :) :)

JanetM 02-22-2011 10:06 AM

Please don't be hurt by this. I have had the same thing...little response to something that meant alot to me...it does hurt :cry: BUT I tell myself that there is no rhyme nor reason as to why one day everyone comments, and other days, no one has anything to say.

I can tell you that some days I am more chatty and have time to comment, and sometimes I just have a few moments to check in. If I haven't commented, it in no way indicates that I am not impressed.

I checked out your posts too, and must say I really like your wedding quilt, and your appliqued table runner..beautiful.

nativetexan 02-22-2011 10:17 AM

well that happens to me too. too simple quilts i guess. but i'm in a hurry now, just trying to use up my fabrics and also finished tops i made many years ago.

ewecansew 02-22-2011 11:49 AM

Sometimes the topic heading is not descriptive enough. If it just says 'another one' am I going to look? but if the topic is descriptive of what the thread is, then I will look if my interest is caught.

Suzi 02-23-2011 03:08 AM

Mary - It's NOT you! Happens to me and to everyone else on this board. Please don't feel unloved as this is by far the nicest, kindest, most caring board on the net. I would rather be here than at my guild where feelings are getting hurt all the time. Every member here is cherished .......... keep the faith!

Longarm 02-23-2011 03:53 AM

Sorry you feel neglected. I am guilting of being a neglectee, I look at the pictures of all the ultra nice quilts and think how nice, pretty, difficult to make or various other complimentary thoughts but I seldom log in and write comments.

I am reasonably certain there are others who do the same. Not because we don't like something but like right now I should be busy (housework now and later work work) doing something else but instead I am replying to your post and in a little while I will be on my own guilt trip because I'm running late.

I guess my message is don't be upset, we don't all have lots of time to write no matter how much we like the pics of your quilts. That said don't stop sending them.

Longarm