Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I doing something wrong? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-doing-something-wrong-t101918.html)

ibequilting1 02-22-2011 03:05 AM

Due to time restraints I ususlly look at the first page and am sure I have missed some lovely quilts and informative post that have been moved to other pages because of the volume of post.Please don't feel hurt this is a wonderful group. I would love to personally welcome every new member and comment on every project but I would spend hours here and have to work to afford my quilting addiction.

quilticing 02-22-2011 03:22 AM

I love seeing the pics but hate going through a gazillion "nice job" "beautiful" etc. responses. That goes without saying.

pam1966 02-22-2011 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I look at the pictures that are posted, but I rarely post on them. I have to get some things done in the house, and there just aren't enough hours in the day to post on every picture shown.

Same here! Maybe I should at least put something. But saying the same thing over and over again, even though I do MEAN it, seems a bit redundant.

Crlyn 02-22-2011 03:36 AM

Keep posting Mary, we all luv yuh!

Just had a look at your work, it's all beautiful.....and I have to say I hadn't seen it before! :D

granky 02-22-2011 03:40 AM

Your work is beautiful...and somehow I seem to have missed most of your pictures...so it must have something to do with the time you post. I usually click on 'recent topics' (because there is so MUCH on the board to read!) so I must have missed yours. Others must do the same thing. I think your quilts are fantastic!

Millstream Mom 02-22-2011 03:40 AM

There are so many new posts each day that I don't have time to check out each one. If it is a weeknight, I'll browse the list and click the ones that have a descriptive title. On the weekend is when I have time to relax and savor everyones work! And even then, with 3 teens in the house, I may only get to check out the first 3 or 4 pages.

A forum I used to belong to issued a 'cease & desist' plea for the members to NOT post simple 1 word replies "Gorgeous" etc, since the mods had to screen each post - I guess that always stuck with me. I've seen hundreds of breathtaking quilts that I didn't comment on, for that reason.

lisalisa 02-22-2011 04:06 AM

I wish I could reply to everyone, I love seeing peoples work, yours included. Keep posting it! and go look at the view count, people might not reply, but you'll see it gets read quite a bit.

laurlync 02-22-2011 04:28 AM

Mary, I just looked at your posts and your quilted projects are wonderful. However, I don't recall having seen any of them before. I work during the day. I check the QB in the morning and again in the evening, but often don't get to check during lunch. So my guess is that a lot of people are just missing your posts.

That being said, I must admit, there are a lot of times I will see a quilt or other project and my first response will be "Oh wow...how beautiful!" But all too often, I don't stop long enough to comment because I have such a small amount of time to look at everything being posted.

I'm sure it is not you or your work because you do beautiful work. I think it is a timing and volume issue.

pocoellie 02-22-2011 04:42 AM

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, most of the times when I've posted a topic, if I get more than 5 or 6 responses, that's unusual, sometimes I can post a topic and 2 hours later, it's not even on the front page, and I don't think most people on the board go farther than that, I know I will occasionally, but that's all.

Tussymussy 02-22-2011 04:45 AM

It is difficult to know what makes people curious enough to look and then reply. Don't give up. Most of my posts only get a few replies and then a silly one I did on daffodils appearing in my garden/yard earlier this week has run into 4 pages already.

Just keep going and I, certainly for one, will look out for your posts.