Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Best Quilt Rulers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/best-quilt-rulers-t199009.html)

Edie 08-31-2012 02:44 AM

I love my Omnigrid 18" ruler with the little thing at the top that just rests on the edge of a mat. It holds fantastically and I just told my friend when we go out for a quilting binge that I am going to buy another one, just in case they are discontinued (and you know they will discontinue an 18" Omnigrid before they will discontinue an 8" Phillips screwdriver)!!!

Edie

Sewflower 08-31-2012 03:18 AM

I love Creative Grids and Kaye England rulers. The England
ruler are great and she donates a percentage of sale to Breast Cancer.

Here is her web site www.kayeengland.com

at the farm 08-31-2012 04:03 AM

I use Creative Grids Rulers for cutting and Bloc_Loc Rulers for squaring up the blocks.

happyquiltmom 08-31-2012 04:07 AM

I use only Creative Grids, both at home and at the shop.

Vat 08-31-2012 04:09 AM

Omnigrid are my favorite. To start and stay with the same brand is one key. Accurate cutting is another key. But I have found in the past year and a half STARCH is the best thing I do. Starch every piece BEFORE I cut anything makes for better cutting, better piecing, less pinning (no pinning) , better quilts. I starch and press dry every piece stiff before I do anything else. Using the same machine start to finish makes a big difference. Pressing carefully makes a difference, an accurate 1/4 inch seam is also very important. Maybe some of this will help you.

fayefromfla 08-31-2012 05:41 AM

Creative Grid are my favorite. I am left handed and it seems that Creative Grid is easier for me because they are marked so well...

vickig626 08-31-2012 06:21 AM

Creative Grid if my favorite too and plan to replace my Olfa rulers are they need to be replaced. I find the Olfa rulers' printing tend to wear off over the years (and I've only been quilting for 6 years). I also like the grip on the Creative Grid rulers plus the black lines seem t work better than any other color.

psthreads 08-31-2012 06:30 AM

Creative grid are my favorite

jcrow 08-31-2012 07:04 AM

[QUOTE=DogHouseMom;5477617]Just recently purchased a 12" square creative grid because I HATE my "Quilt in a Day" 12" ruler - USELESS!!

I bought a few of these rulers and love them. I have the smaller ones. They are a dream to work with. Only I own more Omnigrid rulers and they are large and I have to use those (dang!). I wish I could afford to buy only Creative Grid rulers. Then I'd know everything would come out perfectly fine.

jimsjunque 08-31-2012 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Vat (Post 5480703)
Omnigrid are my favorite. To start and stay with the same brand is one key. Accurate cutting is another key. But I have found in the past year and a half STARCH is the best thing I do. Starch every piece BEFORE I cut anything makes for better cutting, better piecing, less pinning (no pinning) , better quilts. I starch and press dry every piece stiff before I do anything else. Using the same machine start to finish makes a big difference. Pressing carefully makes a difference, an accurate 1/4 inch seam is also very important. Maybe some of this will help you.

Vat: I love and do all of your ideas.I also do not stack up too many layers of fabric before cutting. The fabric tends to shift on me .